I paid retail...should I get a charging plate???

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I purchased by Lumia 920 from a corporate store and paid retail price. Since I didn't upgrade should I still get a free charger? They did not mention it when i got the phone.

americasteam

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I paid full price from an Authorized Retailer and I got a free wireless charger. I had to mention it though as they weren't aware of the deal. 😉

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I bought my 920 off contract and was told at the retail store that only upgrades and new contract purchases qualified for the free charging plate. I understand the dynamics of the contractual discounts but it always felt strange when those of us who pay the most for off-contract phones get no incentives.

You would think someone paying $500 would be entitled to some promotional gift just as those paying $99. It's not like I'm going to take my 920 elsewhere.

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
You most definitely should get one. I pre-ordered mine off the att.com website at full retail, their system was a mess so I ended up having to call support to have them put an order for the charger through. If they argue with you have them pull up att.com and go to the Lumia 920 page and switch the contract from two year to month to month, the deal should still be mentioned on the right side of the page under the configure your phone section in red text. You shouldn't have any problems though, just call them and let them know you picked up a Lumia 920 from them and that an order for the charging plate wasn't made at the time you purchased the phone. Be ready for a bit of a wait though, they're severely back ordered. Good luck!

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I paid full retail at Microsoft Store. Called 611 two weeks later, complained that I didn't receive any plate and it was an AT&T promotion. They are sending me a plate overnight for free, should be here tomorrow or monday. Didn't tell them that I bought it at Microsoft Store.

YeahMon360

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine full price off contract. Called ATT and asked for it, but it was like pulling teeth. I talked to six different people and got six different answers. I finally emailed the CEO, and had a charging plate two days later.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine full price off contract. Called ATT and asked for it, but it was like pulling teeth. I talked to six different people and got six different answers. I finally emailed the CEO, and had a charging plate two days later.

May I ask who you emailed? Its been a month since I bought mine and I have really been wanting a free charging plate. I really dont want to wait any longer from AT&T.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
May I ask who you emailed? Its been a month since I bought mine and I have really been wanting a free charging plate. I really dont want to wait any longer from AT&T.
Call 611 and tell them you've been waiting a month. They will overnight it and if you are lucky, they will give you credit as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes