Camera Focusing issues??

leo9212

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
WP_20121208_020.jpgWP_20121208_019.jpg

The first picture took me at least 5 times to get it. I don't understand why this is happening because even my HTC Desire HD which actually had a good camera when it came out can still focus with no problem. When ever i take a picture their is always a preview that is perfect, but it never turns out to be the actual picture. I am guessing this is software. I also can't seem to get the Video to have a continuous focus. I use a car mount in the car and just record when ever i travel to capture anything really. When i used my Desire Hd it really has no problem to focus a head, But with the 920 if i use continuous focus it never focuses on the right spot and if i disable it then the video doesn't get a whole lot of detail. Thoughts??

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I noticed this problem, it most likely is a software side issue. I'm guessing the focus points and the algorithm involved needs to be tweaked. I just touch the screen to make sure it focuses correctly. A large part probably has to do with the larger depth of field because of the larger sensor has and it is using the same software that cell phones have been using and it needs a better one. This is just a guess.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
You are correct in stating that the HTC Desire HD/Inspire camera focuses better. It also produces markedly sharper photos as well. On the other side, the Lumia is much better in low light, has more accurate color and shoots much better video/audio... It's a trade off...

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've seen blurry pictures if I press down the camera button in one motion. If I do half-press or tap to get proper autofocus lock, it's always sharp.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
A large part probably has to do with the larger depth of field because of the larger sensor has and it is using the same software that cell phones have been using and it needs a better one. This is just a guess.

Well, a correction if I may. The sensor itself has nothng at all to do with the depth of field. In this phone, the aperture is fixed at f2.0 which gives it a very small depth of field, not a large one.

A large f stop (small aperture) of say f11 will have a larger depth of field than a smaller f stop (large aperture) of f2.0

ishredthecello

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I get alot of blurred photos from the 920. A shame really. I typically use the camera button...hold half down, then fully press after it focuses.

I rarely touch the screen to take photos.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
There is minimum distance which camera can focus on. I just tested it and it something like 10cm. It is just limitation of harware. When i look your photos it seems you shot those closer than that treshold. Using macro mode gives you few centimeters closer focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon