Your Phone Signal: Any Worse or Better vs Previous Phone?

coercritoo

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Im on Orange, sorry EE and I was finding that it kept loosing signal for a moment then coming back to G, 3G, H or H+, also text messages kept failing and I had to resend. The thing that has solved it for me is to going in to the mobile network in settings and put highest connection speed to 3G (it was on 4G as standard) - this has solved it for me as I suspect it was looking for 4G connections and loosing the other connections, and as I dont have 4G in my area, it was no good to me anyway.

Hope this helps.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My last two phones (N9 and iPhone 5) were both significantly better than my 920..

N9 so far has had the best reception out of any phone I've ever owned.. The 920 is a bit of a letdown in this regard..

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine is definitely better. There is a Target that I go to that seems to block reception in the far corner of the store. Every phone I have ever taken there, including HTCs, iPhone 5, Samsungs, etc. get almost no service in the back corner. We're talking no bars and no data download. The 920 holds onto 2 bars of 4G and a speed test shows over 1 Mbps in that location.

My Galaxy Nexus dropped the cell connection completely there and all of my other Samsungs and iPhones would get no data at all. Maybe Motorola would do better, but I stopped buying their phones after the original Droid and the bootloader locking and slow updates became the norm for them.

TL:DR - My 920 is better than any other phone I have owned, and I have had many of them.

swimdng

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a Sprint HTC EVO, the 3G is slower and 4G hard to find. I could never get a good cell signal in my office because my office is like a bunker with no windows. Although call quality outside and in normal locations is fine.
But with my new L920 from AT&T, I always have LTE on and speed is very fast. Cell signal inside my office is very good too! No more noise or interference.
Very happy with my switch so far.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Generally better outdoors, but significantly worse indoors. This can be carrier related, not the phone.. (was at TMO, then moved to ST:ATT)

Kmaki

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is worse. My Nokia 5800 had full bars everywhere I went around home. The 920 seems to fluctuate a lot but I haven't had any signal related problems. No dropped calls or it telling me I can't make a call. It does seem better since they switched to LTE here

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's a software issue. Here is the fix: Turn your data roam ON. Power off the device, and then back on. Then if you want you can turn data roam back off (I normally do). Whenever I have these issues I have to rinse and repeat the process.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Much worse than my 3GS.
This is my 3rd 920 and they ALL had very poor reception.
Bars fluctuate and I "can not send texts" very often.

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Going from the Motorola Droid on Verizon to the HTC Arrive on Sprint Wifi is much better on the Arrive but 3G and call quality were better on the Droid.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I live in a house with 12" thick stone exterior. My previous Samsung Captivate, 3g, was spotty through out. 0 to full bars, would drop calls when walking to different room or floor.

With the LTE L920 I can now walk anywhere and not drop calls. It also gets full WiFi with wireless N router throughout the home and minimal WiFi within 50 feet of the house.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious.

Having come from a Galaxy Nexus I can say my signal is worse :(
My signal fluctuates from 1 bar to 4 (its never full now) and heavily fluctuates between 3G and H

Can firmware updates fix this kind of thing?

Much better than my iPhone 4. Signal is great, so far so good, no drop call yet. At work my signal is constant 4 bars, where my iPhone 4 has 2 bars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes