Anyone got update already?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Normally, I wouldn't mind getting it a bit later - however, I came to the 920 from a Galaxy S3 which literally never got any updates whatsoever. I'm just a bit worried that the same thing's going to happen with the Lumia 920. The 8X is a bit like the Nexus line of phones - updates come in directly from Microsoft. Updates for the Lumia 920, however, have to be approved by Nokia first and then by your local carrier as well. I'm having a strong feeling of d?j? vu here.

Totally a wrong impression. #thisisnotandroid.

Lumias will ALWAYS get more number of updates than any WP.

8X isn't Nexus at all. It is a signature device sure, but it will only get MSFT updates. HTC doesn't update anything worth rat's ass. I had a Titan before, so trust me on that.
Lumia on the other hand has HUGE support from Nokia and even if MSFT stops, Nokia will take care of your 920. Just be patient.

Polkka

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

8X isn't Nexus at all. It is a signature device sure, but it will only get MSFT updates. HTC doesn't update anything worth rat's ass. I had a Titan before, so trust me on that.
Lumia on the other hand has HUGE support from Nokia and even if MSFT stops, Nokia will take care of your 920. Just be patient.
I agree!

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This is only avail for HTC 8x so far, other than phones that came with it preloaded from manufacturer.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't think carrier have much say any more with WP8 updates via MSFT.

i agree. i think the fact that on the wp8 store you can install and uninstall all the carriers apps means something. i dont think at&t will be getting in the way of the OTA updates. i think it comes down to MS nokia and htc on when they can get it out after all their testing is done. nokia has already updated things on the 920, i didnt see at&t getting in the way of that.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Weird, I guess the Hearing Aids app that was added in an update last week was all Microsoft? HTC has already updated numerous things with their apps, and have even added a new app. Things change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes