The update messed up my phone..

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought my black L920 at the ATT store the morning it was released and have had zero problems.

I have had none of the problems that was reported..

Ever since the Update, my phone is filled with bugs.

Anytime I turn the power off and on the volume goes back to 20

The brightness is at it's highest level even though i set it at medium. I have to go to settings and even thou it still shows medium, I have to change it and change it back.

Some freezing has been happening and slower performance

Today, my screen goes black during phone calls.

Not sure what to do

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to say that while they fixed the bugs that some people were having, they caused non problematic phones to get them. Along with terrible battery life. All I can say is to try a hard reset. You'll still have portico but maybe the issues will go away

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
No I dont have kids corner turned on. I just tried sending a voice note to a buddy and the screen went black.

I have to shake it or move it around the phone to try to get the screen back on.

I don't know if I should do a hard reset or take my phone in at the warranty center or what.

The worst thing is putting all my apps, songs, video's and what not back into the phone if i do a hard reset or if I have to exchange it.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also screwed after the update. Was getting 3 hours of battery life at best, so finally gave up and went with the suggested "Go to settings, hit about, hit reset" and now my phone has been stuck at the gears updating screen for the last 5 hours.

NOT a good update. In fact, this whole WP8 thing has been pretty horrible for MS- I've had bad Android experiences and bad iOS experiences, and used to rave about how well MS had done with their massively stable WP7 OS. Not so much anymore.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is also screwed after the update. Was getting 3 hours of battery life at best, so finally gave up and went with the suggested "Go to settings, hit about, hit reset" and now my phone has been stuck at the gears updating screen for the last 5 hours.

NOT a good update. In fact, this whole WP8 thing has been pretty horrible for MS- I've had bad Android experiences and bad iOS experiences, and used to rave about how well MS had done with their massively stable WP7 OS. Not so much anymore.

Ok my thing has been stuck with the gears for a little while now.. u scared me

Joshua Scarberry

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
my phone mess up with the new update to i have reset it over and over i done all i can do and the phone still wont work right. i can't go on skype with out the screen going back to black and back to my screen windows phones need a new update or I will never buy their phones .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes