Lumia 920 Shuts Down When Charging

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Same thing. Mines done it connected to WiFi and not connected to WiFi. Though it happened more times when connected. I tweeted wpsupport and they just suggested to exchange with att

bono5112

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Update: I have my 4th Lumia 920 arriving by Friday. Changed the color to cyan, hoping that breaks the trend of my problematic white 920's

Boost2Boob

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Was looking at my phone today. Surprised that noone called today. The ****ty telephone doesnt start at all!

It was after charging in the wall contact.

I have tried start plus volume down, start plus volume up. It is dead!

Such annoying phone, I will return it and demand my money back.

crackers450

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Happens to me so I tried different settings, turned off all background runners that I was able to, that fixed the battery problems, I bought a cheap charging plate off ebay, laid the phone on the plate it started charging but in the morning it was off (missed the alarm), the following night I turned off the wifi & bluetooth ( don't need them when your asleep), it has been 2 months since doing this & the phone has not shut off at all, when the alarm goes off in the morning I just turn on the wifi & bluetooth, it seems to be a problem with either wifi or bluetooth for some reason, I wiil try shutting down 1 at a time to prove which one and will post the results, now if only nokia/windows will allow me to change sms tones to what I want I will be extremly happy
Cheers
Crackers

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, this happened to me last night as well. I was worried sick but then power+down button turned on my phone. Only thing different last night was that before putting it to charging (through wall charger) I was listening to songs through Bluetooth paired headphones and phone was getting a little hot.

Nasser Alsalhabi

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Please apply the latest update GDR2. You can download Nokia Suite and update it or take it to Nokia Care to apply the update for you. This update resolves the problem.

Thanks,

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I would apply the update if it was available here in Thailand. I have been checking twice a day. Just wish we could receive the updates the same time everywhere. There is no way I would take it to Nokia Care without deleting all personal information on the phone.

To be honest I love this phone but also hate it with all the battery drain issues and having to soft reset the 920 every time its placed on the wireless charger.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Please apply the latest update GDR2. You can download Nokia Suite and update it or take it to Nokia Care to apply the update for you. This update resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Is GDDR2 this 1308 firmware?

I am waiting for it to be available to me. The reason I bought Windows Phone was because I'm fed up with all the rubbish associated with manual/hacked updates, and my phone has already been back to Nokia's totally incompetent repair centre three times :(

arkavat

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Can confirm that 1308 firmwar fixed it... or at least it hasn;t happened yet to me.
Until then, make sure wifi is turned off while charging. Not sure if it was a co-incidence or not... but it happened to me every time I left wifi on while sleeping and phone charging.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Can confirm that 1308 firmwar fixed it... or at least it hasn;t happened yet to me.
Until then, make sure wifi is turned off while charging. Not sure if it was a co-incidence or not... but it happened to me every time I left wifi on while sleeping and phone charging.

Wierd that WiFi seems to be the cause of so many software faults....it's WiFi that messes up the GPS refresh and apparently now WiFi screws up charging... :/

Although I have had 920's since November and they've only 'hung up' whilst I've been asleep twice, once it wasn't on charge and last night it was...but WiFi has never been switched off since I first booted up :/

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Negative on that Houston. I am testing the phone with WiFi always on, and the Keep WiFi ON featire also turned on. So far the phone is working flawlessly, hope it will continue like this. I am really very pleased with 1308, because Portico was HORRIBLE!

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys having reboot issues keep mobile data turned off? My 920 has only started "freezing in a standby state" since i turned off mobile data so i don't hit my allowance, but has frozen twice in 3 days.... I have feeling its something trying to update itself that's getting stuck or endlessly retrying???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes