Date & Time Set Automatically. Does it work?

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My Problem here is (T-Mobile Germany). That my LG Optimus Speed (Android 4.1.2) can set Time Perfectly and my Lumia 800 and Lumia 920 can't... They always are some time off from what it real is... Not a good thing for WP in General...

cyleng

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 also not working for auto mode, I leave it there for few days with wrong time / date, it just do nothing there.
I am 100% confirmed not an issue from my Telco, as I tried the same SIM card on Android phone & other classic phone, all working fine except this flagship Windows Phone 8 device.

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue. When Date+Time is set to automatic it doesn't update at all here in Singapore (Starhub) even though all my other phones work with the same provider (Nokia N9 amongst them). Both the NL920 and NL620 exhibit this behaviour. When I go to Indonesia it does update automatically with INDOSAT, which is good. But then coming back to Singapore it's wrong again so I have to do it manually.

Very strange that this would not "just work".

Did you do soft Reset when you're in Indonesia? Cause my Lumia 920 with T-Sel Indonesia, just doesn't update the date and time every time I soft reset the phone.

kathryncheng

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think there is something wrong with wp8 not being able to code different carriers proper setting... Here in Australia if I put in the Telstra sim which is the nokias tie up here it does the auto time even on a soft resets using buttons..on the other hand if I use my Vodafone sim it can't replicate the way the Telstra sim does its auto time setting which I have tried on both Telstra and unbranded Lumia 920 with the same results..a let down really as if its unlocked models at least they should have coded all the different network providers.

freemind

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I can't agree. I have the same carrier for couple of years now.
But since I have switched to Lumia920, this function does not work anymore. Before I did not have problem.

Fahad Aziz Khan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
it does not work,
I have 3 Phones
1) Lumia 1020 (previously 92002
2) BB Z10
3) HTC One

All are on same network but only windows phones(920 n 1020) does not set data and time automatically.

I am in Dubai

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
on same device (lumia 920) tried few SIM cards, with 2 cards time work fine with other 2 not.... problem is with older SIM card which cut to micro SIM size... with newer cards no problems....

LeeConmerce

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
It is my understanding that there are 2 ways that phones set their clocks and time zones.
1/ using the network, I don't believe this works in the UK but does everywhere else I have ever been in the world. This has worked everywhere else since I had my first phone the early 90s.
2/ using internet time services, like pcs do. IPhones and android do this but windows phone for some reason do not. Stupid. But I still love windows phone above anything else.

Last edited:

Paul Lazarov

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
It work sometimes on my Lumia 920.

SOMETIMES ...is not enough unfortunately. We shouldn't even bother with such a simle and basic function. I am disappointed with WP. Even on my old Nokia N8 on Symbian I had access for more...(e.g. Auto time set and more). It seems that WP is described by words like sometmes, almost, soon to come...But that is not good enough for some of us!

baseljuma

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I was facing the same problem and I changed the Region country and now it is working.

I think most of you is using USA to try (cortana) ... change the country and it will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes