Nokia 920 Ringer Volume Bug?

fortlaudtom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I keep ringer volume at maximum 30/30 on my Nokia 920.

I power off and when back on, the volume level is always at 20/30. This is repeatable, at least for me. A soft reset did not solve the issue. AT&T, of course, wants to replace the phone with a refurbished unit, if there are even such a thing for a 2-week old phone. LOL

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
You can get your phone replaced as many times as you like but it won't make the slightest bit of difference. This is because the OS will always default to 20/30 volume level when the phone is restarted. I'm not sure if AT&T 920's are the same as European ones but when cranking up the volume for the first time we are presented with a warning screen saying something about setting the volume too loud can cause hearing damage.
So I reckon it's by design for safety's sake.

fortlaudtom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If that was the reasoning, it's just silly. I don't hold my phone up to my ear just waiting for an incoming call to come in. Plus, I'm an adult and don't need a company "looking out for me" that way. Reminds me of the idiot who sued McDonalds because her hot coffee was hot.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That's fine but it's more to do with when earphones are used to playback music. 30/30 volume via earphones could cause permanent damage to the eardrums. I'm not defending MS or Nokia, just stating a possible reason why.

fortlaudtom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So how does Microsoft/Nokia save me from myself if I restart my phone, adjust the volume back to 30/30, then an hour later plug in earphones? Do so many people actually restart their phone and then immediately plug in earphones? I can't tell you how many calls I've missed when in a noisy area and have forgotten that the volume is set to only 2/3 of what I would like it to be.

If they can mute the phone speakers when an earphone is plugged into the jack, they could also lower the volume at the same time to make sure they take care of our hearing.

aksifar

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
ya seriously we need separate volume controls for music and phone ringer .... how can we notify this to Microsoft ... is there any way ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes