Lumia 920 shots in SF yesterday

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
My stepmom told me my dad was complaining about the camera so much and asked her if he should go exchange from att due to the "bad"camera. fast forward another month and we have a family dinner last night, so i look at his camera, he still has the plastic sticker on top of the lens, im like, why didn't you take it off???

Took it off, problem solved, you can tell how dirty the sticker was. Old people :eek:

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why people keep complaining about the camera. Beautiful Shots

I think it's because people are expecting it to replace a DSLR, or even a good point and shoot, which it doesn't :) Different tool for a different job - this is an amazing camera for a phone, and with the right expectations in place, it's a joy to use.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My stepmom told me my dad was complaining about the camera so much and asked her if he should go exchange from att due to the "bad"camera. fast forward another month and we have a family dinner last night, so i look at his camera, he still has the plastic sticker on top of the lens, im like, why didn't you take it off???

Took it off, problem solved, you can tell how dirty the sticker was. Old people :eek:

"lens protector" ;)

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Right settings, right expectations...yeah, right.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Thing is, people are going to be who they are and if it isn't an Apple or Google product there is going to be a sense of disappointment with everything the phone does. These are nice real world examples taken with a Lumia 920.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
great quote from a great movie ;)
Thing is, people are going to be who they are and if it isn't an Apple or Google product there is going to be a sense of disappointment with everything the phone does.

I had an iPhone 4S before this and was sorely disappointed with the entire experience, mainly because all of my iZealot friends and blogs hyped it up so much that there was no way it could possibly live up to any of that. Resetting my expectations for what a phone should do helped immensely with the enjoyment of the 920.

These are nice real world examples taken with a Lumia 920.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Something processed them. They are not that size by default.

When I uploaded them to Google+, it probably reduced the size (and possibly recompressed them). By unprocessed, I mean I didn't bring them into a post-processing application like Lightroom and make any adjustments (sharpening, contrast, clarity, etc). If you're really curious, here's the SkyDrive link with the original-originals. It also contains a bunch of others from that shoot:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AB2B9F4ABC5D4028!1687

Last edited:

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
When I uploaded them to Google+, it probably reduced the size (and possibly recompressed them). By unprocessed, I mean I didn't bring them into a post-processing application like Lightroom and make any adjustments (sharpening, contrast, clarity, etc). If you're really curious, here's the SkyDrive link with the original-originals. It also contains a bunch of others from that shoot:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AB2B9F4ABC5D4028!1687

very nice pics. you got some good shots in there. where you do you live? based on some of those photo's i'm gonna guess somewhere in asia? only reason i ask is because i'm jealous that you dont have snow on the ground and i have alot of it. hehehe.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
very nice pics. you got some good shots in there. where you do you live? based on some of those photo's i'm gonna guess somewhere in asia? only reason i ask is because i'm jealous that you dont have snow on the ground and i have alot of it. hehehe.

Thanks - I live in the San Francisco area. No snow here until you get much further up north and into the mountains.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon