Is there a way to change the sound for a message recieved?

Brian Kincaid

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
So my girlfriend just picked up this phone yesterday, and she is trying to figure out if she can change the message notification sound for every contact on her phone. I know that it was not a factory option in my Evo so I had to download a messaging application that would allow me to do that. Dose the Lumia 920 allow you to change the notification sound for incoming calls and messages from each contact, or only change the incoming call sound dose anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to chance the sound for a message recieved?

So my girlfriend just picked up this phone yesterday, and she is trying to figure out if she can change the message notification sound for every contact on her phone. I know that it was not a factory option in my Evo so I had to download a messaging application that would allow me to do that. Dose the Lumia 920 allow you to change the notification sound for incoming calls and messages from each contact, or only change the incoming call sound dose anyone know?

You can set a different ringtone for each contact, but you cannot change other notifications from specific people (email, text, etc.)

Open the people hub and choose the contact, tap edit and then select ringtone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss