01-20-2013 07:22 AM
35 12
tools
    Lol My bro said the same thing.. He's on his second white 920 . The only phones I've ever had any luck with were Motorola and Samsung. I remember when the 3gs was released I had 3 in 1 month. Battery,digitizer, and finally a good one. Both were damaged right out of box 1 in the att store
    01-19-2013 05:35 PM
    Also I restored my phone and now I have 22 apps trying to download but won't. I get a 8000ffff error ?
    01-19-2013 05:36 PM
    Just a question- I'm terrible at complaining and feel like I never have a chance at getting the big companies to care about the little guy.
    I have a black L920 that has a lot of dust built up over the front-facing camera. How do I go about getting a replacement for this thing?
    01-19-2013 05:44 PM
    Going by the history of phones in one of your post, are you sure you don't have an OCD?
    or
    just terrible luck with any smartphone you put your hand on?
    01-19-2013 05:50 PM
    Personally, I had four different L920's before I finally gave up. The quality control on this phone is nothing short of brutal. And I'm waiting on someone to say that my experience doesn't speak for everybody. Well, that's true, but I live with me and if I had four phones that all had a fatal flaw, then I can safely say that, in my world, the quality control of the L920 is brutal. If you can get one that works, it's a nice phone though!
    Have to agree here. I strongly recommend WP8 to everyone but I will not recommend the Lumia 920 until Nokia figures out their manufacturing processes. They are obviously heavily cutting corners here. My wife and I have gone through 4 devices and soon to be 6.

Wife's first phone - Top of the phone was loose with a large gap above the screen
    My first phone - Proximity sensor crapped out, phone turned off and locked up when I would initiate a call
    Wife's second phone - Constant clicking and creaking in the bottom right of the phone, camera button is loose.
    My second phone - Constant clicking and creaking above the power button, power button is loose.

Had to get through to escalated customer support for the second set of replacements. My case is still open, trying to see if they will give me a new yellow lumia coming soon to rogers for my replacement.

The quality control is terrible. Escalated customer support told me they are getting a large amount of complaints about creaking/clicking. I love MS and appreciate Nokia's industrial design but Nokia is sure not making any money off me.

Oh and I just found a mysterious scratch BENEATH my invisible shield screen protector. When I put it on the screen was flawless, out of the box... still pondering what the **** happened here....
    01-19-2013 07:11 PM
    I received my 4th cyan L920 (3RD replacement) today and I can't wait to start setting up my apps again :(. Nokia has great customer support and I applaud them for doing what they can to help a customer out.
    Emailing Stephen Elop with each phones issue (battery) resulted in a new phone being sent out each time.
    I said that #3 was nokias final shot at winning my love but I gave in and gave them 4th so here we go . If #4 has any issue that prevents me from enjoying/using my device to its fullest then its going to eBay. What are L920s going for on eBay anyway?
    I will update once I play with the new phone for a few days.
    What is his email address?
    01-19-2013 07:53 PM
    stephen.elop@nokia.com

Also, if everyone here could share their turnaround times over in my thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ound-time.html I would really appreciate it.
    lipper2000 likes this.
    01-19-2013 07:54 PM
    I got swaps. I didn't use a warranty . They just sent me brand new phones and I sent my clunkers to them. I received my new phones from Nokia in about 3 days
    01-19-2013 09:24 PM
    Also I restored my phone and now I have 22 apps trying to download but won't. I get a 8000ffff error ?
    When this happens, you can LONG press on these to delete them from the download list. I think they are OS updates that will get applied automatically later or are already applied.
    01-19-2013 10:05 PM
    I knew about deleting them I just didn't know what apps they were for. So I went through the market place and noticed all of my Nokia apps and a few others said update on their app page so I just updated them and now I'm down to like 5 or so.
    01-20-2013 07:22 AM
35 12