And my 720 is getting replaced - Again

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had purchased my 720 (White) on 20th April,

The casing had a gap, i could insert a piece of paper on the top right corner in the portion where the screen meets the body and slide that paper towards left upto the middle.
I was sick and asked for a replacement. I had to haunt some souls to get the replacement but I managed to get a white device as a replacement. That is a long story, but I got the replacement delivered to my office, I didn't have to move my bum.

I thought it'd be cool, boy I was wrong.
The issues,
The IMEI no. is of India, the product code is of south africa, as a result I am still on Stock OS, no GDR 2, while some lucky souls are boasting GDR 3. This issue started to haunt me recently, until I saw my product code, South Africa lol.
The casing developed the same gap, a month after the replacement. It was the monsoon season here, so I decided I'd go for a replacement once the monsoon is over, so the device can take all the monsoon beating and I'd get a shiny device after the rain is gone :D.
The battery got hit by diarrhea, it drops faster than what an average human drops when suffering through that condition.

I had to chat a few times with lame people on Nokia Chat, all of them gave me the same lazy reply, it'll come OTA soon.
I filed a contact us form and got a call from a random lady from Nokia (I do not pick up calls from anyone not in my contact book, but I did)

She asked me to visit the service centre which swapped my handset. I did, the bloke seemed like he could do with some wp8 education, informed me that my device would be updated to amber and data will be lost. I asked why not call that random lady who called me and ask if my device is going to be swapped, if it is why bother for amber?

He called the random lady and I spoke to her "Hey this bloke tells me that my data will be lost?"
Random lady "I don't think it'll be lost"
Me "But he says it'll be lost?"
Bloke "It shouldn't be lost I guess"
Random Lady and bloke have a talk and agree that my phone will be checked for possible replacement, random lady tells me she'll call me tomorrow 10am (Tuesday 15th October to update me).

Tuesday 15th October I send her a text asking whats up.
Random lady replies that she'll update me

16th was a holiday so I let her live peacefully.
Kept quiet on 17th hoping she'd respond.

Sent a text some time ago "I'll haunt your soul for the rest of your life if you don't let me know what is up, so will the bloke be haunted"
That could have happened, but I asked her again whats up in a nice way.

Random Lady "Your replacement device is dispatched and will be there in the bloke's service centre on tuesday you may pickup from there"
Me "Is it possible to have a red one, I had 2 whites, both ate dust"
Random lady "No, do you want me to haunt you now?" Lol, she replied "Its not possible, its sent already"

Ok thanks :D.

Another white device meaning another chance to replace it, problem?

I also have to make 2 confessions,
I had dropped my device once, the motor started to sound like it is sticky, the sound was horrible, like a kid screaming when someone took candy from his hand! This is partially informed as 'the motor is sick'
I also have a ball pen mark on the phone's white body.

i will be having the new 720 on tuesday, hopefully.

----------

Update - I picked it up and the irony, I ordered a L1020 (Black, free power grip and spek case) after a few days, a friend is ready to buy my 720 for a decent sum. I am in a good situation actually now :D.

Last edited:

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a 720 white as well. Get a bottle of methylated spirit and cotton wool to help wipe it down at the end of your workday. Removes all ink stains like a charm.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 720 white as well. Get a bottle of methylated spirit and cotton wool to help wipe it down at the end of your workday. Removes all ink stains like a charm.

Who cares now, mine is getting replaced :D.
Besides the holy spirits couldn't repair the sticky noise in the motor.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
@montsa007 you should probably go for my avatar :winktongue: after your experience with Nokia. Lets brace for your phone n hope it doesn't make a 3 in a row replacement :grincry:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
@montsa007 you should probably go for my avatar :winktongue: after your experience with Nokia. Lets brace for your phone n hope it doesn't make a 3 in a row replacement :grincry:

Do you know that when your phone is replaced the warranty starts from that day :D, if you know what I mean.

Abhishek Deol

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My L720 is under warranty...but it has a gap in its top right side boundary b/w screen n upper body......but problm is few days back it fell accidntly frm the roof...so it has a small crack n dent on top right edge n the gap has become lil more visible......will it b REPLACD by nokia....as this an accidntl case but the gap already exists before accident....so?????L720,india

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My L720 is under warranty...but it has a gap in its top right side boundary b/w screen n upper body......but problm is few days back it fell accidntly frm the roof...so it has a small crack n dent on top right edge n the gap has become lil more visible......will it b REPLACD by nokia....as this an accidntl case but the gap already exists before accident....so?????L720,india

I DONT know, better show it to the Nokia people
Slim chances though.
ANd please type properly, short forms kind of irritate me, combine that with random dots...

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I asked for replacement they told me they will repair, now if i face any issue i will go to consumer forum. i spent 18500 for this phone, also took extended warrant worth Rs 525, I am from kolkata india

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Could you please provide me the link? DO i need to provide any documents or any mail? I submitted my phone to nokia care last tuesday, they told me to come today bt, today they told me it will take time , they dont know how much, the phone is in factory, they are not responsible for any delay, or any scratches in the body. they will contact me when its done.
now guys I am not convinced the way nokia care is handling this issue. 18000 rupees is big deal for me.. I love this phone so want a new NL 720 from nokia.
Fill up the contact form on Nokia website, they will contact you.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Could you please provide me the link? DO i need to provide any documents or any mail? I submitted my phone to nokia care last tuesday, they told me to come today bt, today they told me it will take time , they dont know how much, the phone is in factory, they are not responsible for any delay, or any scratches in the body. they will contact me when its done.
now guys I am not convinced the way nokia care is handling this issue. 18000 rupees is big deal for me.. I love this phone so want a new NL 720 from nokia.

My only response to the bold part is this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty