Videos on skydrive play better on my lumia than my PC ??

gumpert7

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.
I uploaded a GoPro 720p video shot at 60fps on skydrive. When I play(stream) the vid on my phone, it plays at a perfect 60 fps.
Streaming my pc, it only runs at 30fps! However when I download the file onto my hdd it then plays at 60 fps so obviously it's not an issue with my pc hardware.

Is there a way to make skydrive vids stream at native framerates on pc? I'm using windows 7 x64 btw.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask how you do this in the first place? Just got my Nokia 920, I have all my MS accounts setup but how do you access skydrive through the video player?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I can come up with could be to do with the resolution or something. Perhaps Lumia 920 plays it more compressed, but you dont notice it due to smaller screen. When attempting to play it on a big screen, maybe your bandwidth isn't enough?

That said.. usually the difference in these cases isnt in FPS, but the only explanation I could come up with :p

gumpert7

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Ahh, you have to access them via the Skydrive app. Is that correct?

well i actually first accessed it through my Pictures tile, as it also displays video files shared on skydrive. Weird thing is I just tried it again (via Pictures) a coupla seconds ago and the phone now says it can't play that file -.-??
tried it via skydrive app and it plays perfectly at 60fps.

still 30fps on my pc tho.

gumpert7

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I can come up with could be to do with the resolution or something. Perhaps Lumia 920 plays it more compressed, but you dont notice it due to smaller screen. When attempting to play it on a big screen, maybe your bandwidth isn't enough?

That said.. usually the difference in these cases isnt in FPS, but the only explanation I could come up with :p

hmm.. makes sense. Then again even when the entire vid is completely buffered it still plays at 30 fps. Maybe it's just ****ty ms silverlight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon