Screen won't rotate anymore

Man Kit Ching

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I'm a new user to this forum and also a WP8. So far I'm very pleased with my Lumia 920 and I think it's the best smartphone I've used for years.

Anyway 2 days ago, a weird thing happened. My screeen suddenly stop rotating no matter how I flip my phone. Every other things work fine though. As I bought this phone from Taiwan and I live in Hong Kong. I went to the Nokia care ceter to ask about. They said its board is probably damaged and needed to changed. But cos my warrenty is from Taiwan and therefor if I fix it in Hong Kong it'll cost me a whobby 3340 hkd. That is almost a price you can buy a 820.

Have you guys heard anyone have the same issue as me? Some said Nokia told them it's a bug and will be fixed for the next patch but I am not sure. Of course in some way you may said I finally got an orientation lock but still it is a little bit annoying.:cry:

Hope anyone can give me some advise. Cheers!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I'm a new user to this forum and also a WP8. So far I'm very pleased with my Lumia 920 and I think it's the best smartphone I've used for years.

Anyway 2 days ago, a weird thing happened. My screeen suddenly stop rotating no matter how I flip my phone. Every other things work fine though. As I bought this phone from Taiwan and I live in Hong Kong. I went to the Nokia care ceter to ask about. They said its board is probably damaged and needed to changed. But cos my warrenty is from Taiwan and therefor if I fix it in Hong Kong it'll cost me a whobby 3340 hkd. That is almost a price you can buy a 820.

Have you guys heard anyone have the same issue as me? Some said Nokia told them it's a bug and will be fixed for the next patch but I am not sure. Of course in some way you may said I finally got an orientation lock but still it is a little bit annoying.:cry:

Hope anyone can give me some advise. Cheers!

Welcome to the club Man Kit. I've been on this one for a few weeks now and not even NOKIA gives a rats behind about it. I did the Portico update and my accelerometer quit. Haven't worked since. I've done hard resets and nothing has changed. I cheesed off about it. I really dig my phone but its busted. Portico busted it and its a non issue for them... or so it seems.

jimmyjunk30

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So yeah, just noticed my phone is doing the same thing.

Screen does not rotate anymore. Downloaded one of the diagnostic apps and the accelerometer test does not work either.

Would be nice if this was a software issue and not a hardware problem.

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my original Lumia 920. I sent it into Nokia for repair and they deemed it unrepairable and sent me a replacement handset.

U2men

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
However, it is too late to reply, i have solved the similar problem by restarting the phone using power+volume down buttons.

MarkyBeee

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Had this problem. I actually liked that it wasnt rotating bc i believe there should be an anti-rotation feature. But for the sake of having a functioning phone, I gave the back of the phone a firm tap of the knuckles and it started working again. give that a shot, I heard the accelerometers get "Stuck" sometimes.

TimVS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem.

Turned the phone off and removed the battery, put it back in and booted again.
This did the trick for me.

succes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes