When I bought the Lumia 920, I fell in love. Everything about this phone is amazing, except for one of the main reasons that I bought it... which is to upload videos to youtube, wordpress, and skydrive.

I hate to be a complainer, but what's the point of having a phone that can shoot 1080 but can only be backed up in extremely low quality? A 4 minute video I shot and uploaded turned out to be compressed down to 14 mb. I'd understand not being able to backup a full 1080 video, but couldn't we at least get something a little higher quality? Seems like 25mb a minute would produce a high enough quality to actually be viewable.

Is there any way to get higher quality video uploads without needing to plug my Lumia into a laptop to transfer the video? Kind of hard to lug a laptop around while you're traveling...
    03-01-2013 04:07 PM
    When I bought the Lumia 920, I fell in love. Everything about this phone is amazing, except for one of the main reasons that I bought it... which is to upload videos to youtube, wordpress, and skydrive.

I hate to be a complainer, but what's the point of having a phone that can shoot 1080 but can only be backed up in extremely low quality? A 4 minute video I shot and uploaded turned out to be compressed down to 14 mb. I'd understand not being able to backup a full 1080 video, but couldn't we at least get something a little higher quality? Seems like 25mb a minute would produce a high enough quality to actually be viewable.

Is there any way to get higher quality video uploads without needing to plug my Lumia into a laptop to transfer the video? Kind of hard to lug a laptop around while you're traveling...
    you can plug the phone into a computer and copy the file off directly. That's your only choice. I use my surface rt with 64gb sd card when traveling...
    03-01-2013 05:04 PM

Go to settings>applications>photos+camera, click on Skydrive and see if your upload "best quality" automatic upload is turned on. Only can achieve full quality through WiFi.
    unstoppablekem and ttsoldier like this.
    03-01-2013 05:27 PM
    Go to settings>applications>photos+camera, click on Skydrive and see if your upload "best quality" automatic upload is turned on. Only can achieve full quality through WiFi.
    This is pretty useful tip . . Thank you . . Does it still compress to a certain size when you select best quality ?
    03-02-2013 03:43 PM
    This is pretty useful tip . . Thank you . . Does it still compress to a certain size when you select best quality ?
    Supposedly:
    Best=1080p
    Good=720p
    ttsoldier likes this.
    03-02-2013 06:47 PM
    Not all variant gets the high quality backup option. OP might not have that option at all.
    03-02-2013 09:28 PM
    if you record long 1080p Clips on the Lumia you realize your Files can gain GB sizes pretty quick? For example, pictures uploaded to skydrive also have smaller filesizes then the original, meaning they lose quality. might be the same with videos.
    03-03-2013 03:16 AM
    I found out something strange. I can upload a 1 minute and 17 second video clip (shot in 720P) to SkyDrive and it'll be uncompressed. Today I tried uploading a 4+ minute video and it compressed it down to something like 13 megabytes with very poor quality. So I know I can upload uncompressed video but there seems to be a size or time limit.

I just tried uploading other random videos in my camera roll, I found one that is 1 minute 28 seconds, and it also gets compressed. I don't understand why there is a limit to uploading an uncompressed video if we have to upload through WiFi. We also have to pay Microsoft for more space, it seems like they would want people to fill up their SkyDrive storage. Maybe this is a bug? They should at least give us an option to upload uncompressed videos no matter the size.
    Michael Fishler likes this.
    03-11-2013 07:55 PM
    You sir, are right. :)
    03-11-2013 08:25 PM
    I have the same issue, there doesn't appear to be any middle ground...
    For a 5 minute video, you can choose to upload a poor quality 320x240 15mb file or full quality 400mb file
    03-12-2013 01:23 PM
    Same issue here! There has got to be a work around that doesn't involve plugging in your phone...
    04-23-2013 05:44 PM
    Same issue here! There has got to be a work around that doesn't involve plugging in your phone...
    That's this:

04-23-2013 06:30 PM