Lumia 920 - My homescreen is not smooth enough

dogukan

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new on here.

I have a problem with my Lumia 920. I actually don't know if it's really a problem, just realized this thing. W

While on homescreen (the one with boxes), when I slide the screen with my finger and take it off the phone, it slides smoothly and slicky. When I slide it manually, with my finger on it, without taking it off (especially when I do it slowly) then it's not smooth as before. It even sometimes freezes even though it doesn't last a second but pretty disturbing. Tried resetting my phone, even applied a hard reset but it didn't work at all. My homescreen is not very crowded. It happens when it's crowded or not though. Don't know what to do. Doesn't really prevent me from using my phone but it annoys me. I don't have any other speed problem with the phone, everything is pretty fast, except this thing. And this problem doesn't occur anywhere else except the homescreen. I still have a large amount of space left. What can I do to get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

dogukan

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I am sure. After realizing this problem, I'm trying different ways to see if problem still occurs. My fingers don't shake or something else :p

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
First of all, welcome to the greatest forums in all the Mobile Nations! The homescreen is called the Start Screen haha. And the issue might be the magnifier. Check under Ease of Access to see if it is enables. That causes a lot of lag in the Start Screen.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's a windows phone 8 thing I guess. I have tried it on all other WP8 phones on stores and they have the exact same issue. The magnifier does make it lag a lot, but, if you take it off it still stutters a little bit sometimes. It's not there in WP7.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, the average user will not even notice this until someone actually points it out to them. When I let my friends check out my phone they didn't seem to notice and when I pointed it out, they noticed it. So far it's not a big deal but it would be nice if MS could sort it out.

dogukan

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
First of all, welcome to the greatest forums in all the Mobile Nations! The homescreen is called the Start Screen haha. And the issue might be the magnifier. Check under Ease of Access to see if it is enables. That causes a lot of lag in the Start Screen.

Ah, yeah, start screen lol. Couldn't find the right word, English is not my native lang :p The magnifier is not enabled btw.

How come I don't see any lag? You guys have screen protector on?

I don't.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
No lag here whatsoever, Never heard of this issue before either. Just send Nokia an e-mail and maybe they'll send you a new device? The only "lag" I've noticed is when I'm playing music sometimes and it takes an extra second to show me the album art. Kind of annoying but very sporadic to make a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes