Hard Reset after Portico - Does the phone boot with Portico or Pre-Portico?

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What happened if you hard reset your Lumia 920 that has been updated to Portico and the latest Nokia firmware?
After the reset, will the phone boot with the Portico or Pre-Portico software?
If I don't choose to restore from backup, what will happen?
And if I choose to restore from backup, what will happen as well?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Portico. Once you flash anything on phone, it is there. Hard reset won't change your ROM, just deletes your data. If you don't restore, your app+data, sms and photos (whatever you have backed up) won't restore. If you choose to restore, it will restore from your last restore point that you select in the following screen. But the ROM doesn't change till you manually flash, pre-portico ROM.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Portico. Once you flash anything on phone, it is there. Hard reset won't change your ROM, just deletes your data. If you don't restore, your app+data, sms and photos (whatever you have backed up) won't restore. If you choose to restore, it will restore from your last restore point that you select in the following screen. But the ROM doesn't change till you manually flash, pre-portico ROM.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. :D
Might need to do it to clear certain problem that can only be fixed through hard reset. Like, no Xbox Music on my phone, and I just realized just now that when I click on the Search button, I only have the Bing Vision option, while another phone has Bing Vision and Music to search. Wonder if the Xbox Music has anything to do with that. Because the other phone has the Xbox Music.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is Xbox Music cloud turned on your phone? Maybe Xbox Music availability is regional and not available in your area? Have you checked their website? Might save you a hard reset.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is Xbox Music cloud turned on your phone? Maybe Xbox Music availability is regional and not available in your area? Have you checked their website? Might save you a hard reset.

I can't find that settings on my phone. When I click Settings -> music+videos. No settings available, only Suggestions box is there. My region is set to USA.
According to this link, one might need to do the hard reset :unhappysweat:
Missing Settings in Music+Videos

And, my parent's phone which is set to USA, has the options. And the Bing Music search as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes