"Updates for Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620" - official notice from Nokia

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Firmware in Navifirm.

However not OTA yet. Is anyone getting 1308 anywhere OTA?

Downloading it right now.

Typically AT&T's update always shows up on NaviFirm before it ever hits as an OTA. So unfortunately, just because its on NaviFirm doesn't mean everyone will start getting update notifications on their device. Certainly means its coming soon though...

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
yep, ATT 1308 firmware has always been there along with the other variants.

It certainly has not been there all along. I've been checking everyday since Nokia announced these updates. No AT&T was there yesterday.

Thankfully, its there today.

Update: And now installed. Awesome.

Last edited:

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It certainly has not been there all along. I've been checking everyday since Nokia announced these updates. No AT&T was there yesterday.

Thankfully, its there today.

Update: And now installed. Awesome.

yep I've been checking everyday too.... does anyone know how the backup/restore works, does it restore all your apps as well ??

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
yep I've been checking everyday too.... does anyone know how the backup/restore works, does it restore all your apps as well ??

Backup saves your text messages, favorites, and a list of the apps on your phone. When you restore your device, it adds your apps to the donwload queue so they can be downloaded from the Store again as soon as the phone starts. This does mean that if you have an app installed, and you restore, and that app is one that is not available on the store anymore, it will most likely not be downloaded.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It will download all your apps (if still available in the store), but you will need to configure them again. You also need to re-build your home screen from scratch.

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has spotted this in the new 1308 update yet but in the lockscreen settings you can now change your timeout to 30s, 1m, 3m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 30m, and never. Before it was only 30s, 1m, 3m, 5m, and never.. Nothing groundbreaking but something I appreciate. Also, probably placebo but the camera's AWB and sharpness seem a bit better..

cruzcat

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Red Lumia to the 1308.0001 version using NSU in the morning. Was a pain in the ass to restore all app preferences and my homescreen and photos etc
Got a bunch of zombie downloads during the restore process with the 80000fff error code and had to cancel them. So far so good.

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Firstly a hello to everyone as this is my first post! I've found this forum invaluable in the last two weeks having just got my first Lumia 920 (and having had to do my first hard reset). I've come from iPhones having got fed up of all my data being siloed in apps rather than integrated so am enjoying WP8 (bugs, "missing" functionality and all). I've been working in IT Enterprise Architecture and Service Management for 10+ years and have always been an MS advocate so it's great to finally see MS taking mobile seriously, event if WP8 is really WP1 :eek:)

I have a black Lumia 920 UK non-locked model running OS 8.0.10211.204 and firmware 1232.5951.1249.1004. I'm not really wanting to do the update manually via NaviFirm etc so am waiting for the firmware to be available OTR. From this thread it looks to me like Nokia have released the firmware but MS have yet to test, hence not really released for general consumption and not available OTR. Also that it should be available to customers who have non-locked phones ahead of network-operator locked phones (due to their integration testing I assume).

So my question is does anyone know when the firmware might be available for me to download OTR?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Firstly a hello to everyone as this is my first post! I've found this forum invaluable in the last two weeks having just got my first Lumia 920 (and having had to do my first hard reset). I've come from iPhones having got fed up of all my data being siloed in apps rather than integrated so am enjoying WP8 (bugs, "missing" functionality and all). I've been working in IT Enterprise Architecture and Service Management for 10+ years and have always been an MS advocate so it's great to finally see MS taking mobile seriously, event if WP8 is really WP1 :eek:)

I have a black Lumia 920 UK non-locked model running OS 8.0.10211.204 and firmware 1232.5951.1249.1004. I'm not really wanting to do the update manually via NaviFirm etc so am waiting for the firmware to be available OTR. From this thread it looks to me like Nokia have released the firmware but MS have yet to test, hence not really released for general consumption and not available OTR. Also that it should be available to customers who have non-locked phones ahead of network-operator locked phones (due to their integration testing I assume).

So my question is does anyone know when the firmware might be available for me to download OTR?

No exact date. But it's coming.

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response that's kinda what I thought :eek:)

Bound to be the wrong place for this question but how do I know which model variant I have?

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm running 1308. Other than the "joy" of reinstalling all of my applications manually and losing game data, it was a painless experience.

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a black Lumia 920 UK non-locked model running OS 8.0.10211.204 and firmware 1232.5951.1249.1004. I'm not really wanting to do the update manually via NaviFirm etc so am waiting for the firmware to be available OTR.

I am also waiting for the OTA release, UK EE (Orange) user, and although I saw the firmware available on Nokia Care Suite a week ago, I'd rather not go through the process of setting up my home screen / apps / replaying games again.
The inconsistency of the updates frustrates me. Some other EE 920 users have already got it, and I would have liked to have seen a managed rollout, e.g. unlocked / unbranded handsets first, then by operator.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Someone please tell me my Lumia 822 will get the update soon...

I've used Shrink Storage multiple times with little improvement on storage capacity. I only have 3.2 GB in apps installed and couldn't even download the new Batman Rising demo. :/

This update is definitely the one im most excited about. Glad Nokia is aware of the storage problem. Its been my most frustrating issue with my phone. Otherwise I couldn't be happier! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes