Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my Network + update!
849cfcb6.gif

harperdg33

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,
Im new to the forums and have just recently bought my LumiA 920. (Black).
I bought the phone sim free from phone masters UK. The phone came from HK but when I look at the box it is labelled with Polish text.

I has been working fine but I wasn't able to get any latest updates with it. So I tried the Nokia Software updater and it told me I did infact have an update to receive. I downloaded it and it all installed fine but now it has added a branded polish network logo (Plus +) during start up. The phone seems to be working fine but it just annoys me now that I have this branded logo.
Can I use the NaviFirm+ 1.7 to flash it to a generic UK (sim free) firmware with no branding?
If so can anyone give me an Idea as to which version I and description to look out for?
It is the RM-821 (Black) version I am using.
I am also on the 3 network.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Dave

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,
Im new to the forums and have just recently bought my LumiA 920. (Black).
I bought the phone sim free from phone masters UK. The phone came from HK but when I look at the box it is labelled with Polish text.

I has been working fine but I wasn't able to get any latest updates with it. So I tried the Nokia Software updater and it told me I did infact have an update to receive. I downloaded it and it all installed fine but now it has added a branded polish network logo (Plus +) during start up. The phone seems to be working fine but it just annoys me now that I have this branded logo.
Can I use the NaviFirm+ 1.7 to flash it to a generic UK (sim free) firmware with no branding?
If so can anyone give me an Idea as to which version I and description to look out for?
It is the RM-821 (Black) version I am using.
I am also on the 3 network.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Dave

If the phone is not locked by the carrier, the answer is yes.

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I was just on the phone with AT&T on a voice mail matter and I asked about the update.
She said that both Nokia and Microsoft have not given AT&T permission to release it sounds like the same BS we got with WP7 updates

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
...it sounds like the same BS we got with WP7 updates
What was the BS that happened (I was not around here during that)? Did you have to manually do the update yourself back then or did you have to wait for an extended time before ATT would release it? Or was it actually a Nokia/Microsoft issue?

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd to announce a software update that isn't available for anyone unless they wipe the data off their phone? Surely it'd make more sense to announce the update when it's actually widely available i.e. go to Settings > Phone Update and it tells you there's an update?

I know it'll come in due course but announcing an unavailable update seems a sure way to annoy your customers!

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd to announce a software update that isn't available for anyone unless they wipe the data off their phone? Surely it'd make more sense to announce the update when it's actually widely available i.e. go to Settings > Phone Update and it tells you there's an update?

I know it'll come in due course but announcing an unavailable update seems a sure way to annoy your customers!
Except it's not Nokia stopping you and me getting the update its our phone provider. If my phone was unlocked and factory default I would have the update now.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

!

nokia didnt announce it though

WPcentral found it on navifirm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon