Lumia 920 Screen Damage - Help !!

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got back from Spring Break in Cancun unfortunately my phone didnt come away from he trip looking too well. I was taking a photo in a club when i was knocked and dropped the phone out of my hands and onto the floor. Now the screen is damaged. Its not cracked and is still smooth to touch but I have these black boxes appearing everywhere. I have attached picture below. And ideas what's wrong with it and if if can be repaired:

WP_20130319_002.jpg

Apart from the black marks the phone works as normal, just annoying me as the black marks seem to be getting bigger and new ones appearing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just want my awesome 920 restoring to its former glory.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That is my biggest fear of having my phone out in a crowded public place. Some one is going to knock into you and your phone falls. The most you will get is "Sorry".

:( I try to grip mine as tight as possible at all times

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, I was gutted when it happened. I thought i might have got lucky and it just been something loose under the screen. Guess I best start looking for repair shop in UK.

On a plus note though, the Camera was simply amazing in the clubs, video quality amazing considering how loud the music was and all the flashing lights. Very impressed.

jakethemouse

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I also dropped my new lumia 920 recently and wanted to know what part of the screen I needed to replace. The front is glass is cracked and I've got blue lines appearing on the screen also. I purchased my lumia from Telstra in Australia and wanted to know if all screens are the same. I've looked around the forum and have found several sites which sell them mainly:

Nokia Lumia 920 Replacement Parts
Nokia Repair Parts - Nokia Lumia 920 - Parts4repair.Com

But there are different LCD options for sale and I don't know which one to get for my phone. I have attached photo's of the damage. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great and If anyone has purchased items from the sites above, are they trustworthy?

WP_000168.jpg
WP_000166 (1).jpg

Thanks in advance

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Theres a you tube video about getting your case open and replacing just about everything its fairly straightforward and its something you might be able to yourself or if you're not comfortable but have a techie friend who is they might could do it for you. goggle or bing or search you tube for 920 screen replacement and it should come I don't have the link on thing computer but when I get home I can get it and pm you if needed.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I also dropped my new lumia 920 recently and wanted to know what part of the screen I needed to replace. The front is glass is cracked and I've got blue lines appearing on the screen also. I purchased my lumia from Telstra in Australia and wanted to know if all screens are the same. I've looked around the forum and have found several sites which sell them mainly:

Nokia Lumia 920 Replacement Parts
Nokia Repair Parts - Nokia Lumia 920 - Parts4repair.Com

But there are different LCD options for sale and I don't know which one to get for my phone. I have attached photo's of the damage. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great and If anyone has purchased items from the sites above, are they trustworthy?

View attachment 32376
View attachment 32377

Thanks in advance

I need to get a screen for mine as well. Reluctant on doing so because it's not too bad and screen still functions fine. I have never purchased from either of these sites. I was going to get mine from amazon or a top rated seller on ebay.

You should get the full LCD and digitizer. This link (Nokia Lumia 920 Full Screen Assembly with Bezel - Parts4repair.Com) has five star reviews on the product and at 135, it's a good price.

This link (Nokia Lumia 920 LCD Assembly|Screen Assembly) is a bit more expensive.

Both of them would be the same thing, so It would be which one reaches you at a cheaper cost, with shipping included.

Here is the video to disassemble Nokia Lumia 920 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen & Case Replacement - YouTube

I'm going to bookmark those links. Thank you :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
People, if you damage your phone take it to the Nokia service centre and see what their quote is for repairing it, sheesh...

It's like $250 from what I've heard.

And not everyone has a Nokia Service Centre where they live... sheesh!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I think it would make sense to have a phone case that comes with a wrist lanyard. In some situations, like at a party or public function, this is when your phone is at the most risk from a drop. These phones have become too important, too fragile and too expensive (for a lot of us) to risk it to chance. Like ttsoldier, I try to be mindful every time I pull it from the case. But who is to say that one of these precarious positions your phone might be in will end in a trip to the Nokia?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac