Joining the 920 fray

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
So I finally bit the bullet, got tired of waiting on the 928 on Verizon, and took MS up on the free 920's they're having right now. Switched both my wife and myself from Verizon to a shared plan with 4gb data which is $150/month. Our Verizon bill runs $165 after all the add-ons and taxes they love to not tell you about so I'll figure we'll be right at the same amount and have unlimited talk/text. Plus, it will finally put us back on the same upgrade schedule and honestly, I don't have any qualms with ATT and their LTE coverage is supposedly pretty good here in OKC.

The only negatives are, obviously this is now a 5 month old device which is considered eons anymore. Also, I had to early terminate my wife's phone which is going to cost us $220, even though there is only 10 months remaining on her contract. I figure I can recoup almost all of this if not all, by selling her Incredible 2 and my Trophy, Droid X, and Pre 2 on CL or ebay. I can also justify the cost by saying we would have spent $200 for both phones at an ATT store so either way, it's kind of a wash.

Anywho, I'm excited about finally having a greater than 4" screen again (I missed my Droid X's screen size but nothing else about it) and also the killer camera. I look forward to chatting you guys up in the future. I just got tired of waiting and waiting with Verizon as we still haven't seen any leaked photos of the 928 and at this point, it's almost vaporware it seems.

Last edited:

xH4RRYx

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with your last point there's so little evidence and there wont be much benefit over the 920 tbh. Think you made the right move :)

EggoEspada

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently left my personal Verizon account for an AT&T account through my job. I decided to go for the Lumia 920 as my phone and so far, have little regrets. Windows Phone works great and the hardware is stupendous.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy your new Lumia. I have always had AT&T with no qualms about their service and also after using Android and Apple (which were great,) my Windows phone and my Lumia just feel Right. Can't explain it but I honestly don't see myself using anything else. Glad to have you here!

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I love my lumia. Hope you and your wife do too. This forum is brilliant for all the teething issues getting it set up the way you want it. I was new to windows and it's been invaluable to me!!
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon