Personal Thank-You To CEO Mr. Elop

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have been very loyal to Nokia over the years - I have mentioned that a few times in my posts lol. The Nokia footprint in Europe and Asia is much bigger than the print in the North America where iOS and Android have long owned the market. That however could very well change with the Lumia 920 and the new/upcoming 928 handset! They are AWESOME.

I travel a lot for work and have spent a lot of time in Europe and Asia where I had the opportunity to use Nokia handsets. Now that I am back in North America and spending most of my time hear I remain with Nokia and love love love my Yellow Lumia 920. I, like others have experienced some of the known issues, example black screen after calls and dust in the FFC and even a few particles under the screen.

I want to share a personal thank you with Mr. Elop. As I am sure you are aware Stephen Elop (fellow Canadian) is the CEO of Nokia and when I reached out to him personally to talk about my long standing loyalty to Nokia and the issues I have experienced (3 replacements in my first 10 days) he personally responded back to me with a friendly email thanking me for reaching out to him and letting me know his team would be in contact me to discuss and help. His team reached out to me the following morning and we worked together to make everything right.

Not too many CEO's would personally respond back, let alone within 15 minutes of the original email being sent and not too many would stand behind the customer and product to the extent and level Mr. Elop certainly did with me.

My thanks and appreciation. Folks - the Lumia 920 is a great phone and if you by chance experience an issue (hopefully you do not!) rest assured with Nokia being known for their Customer Service and loyalty to customers that with a quick call to Nokia you will be taken care of. They truly are standing behind this product and have acknowledged some of the issues customers have been facing.

Hope you all continue to enjoy your Lumia 920's! :)

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
King Nokia and Lord Stephensus Elopssiah leading the innovation game since the big bang created the universe that we know. c3ed7b23.gif .. :bows:

We are in such an exciting time because Nokia is finally coming back hard with Windows Phone, having all of these innovations and Lumia products. I just can't comprehend at once lol. I'm such a ******, it's scary.

operauser

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
3 replacements in my first 10 days

Wow - it must be really great phone then:smile:! Gotta sell my cheap looking / feeling plastic crap SG III.Coz i want my replacements too and that piece of s....still has no issues:crying:

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
"""Wow - it must be really great phone then! Gotta sell my cheap looking / feeling plastic crap SG III.Coz i want my replacements too and that piece of s....still has no issues""""

Mine lumia 920 hasnt got any problems since november 22 2012, and my friends galaxy s3 didnt charge at all after one week of use, so was my few other friends who has problems with their galaxy s3:s, so all in all u need to know that there is some faulty devices, no matter what phone, there is always some faulty ones.

And here comes people complain 95% times only when they have an problem, so thats why u could think every phone has problems, go to android forums and then ull see same thing.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
"""Wow - it must be really great phone then! Gotta sell my cheap looking / feeling plastic crap SG III.Coz i want my replacements too and that piece of s....still has no issues""""

Mine lumia 920 hasnt got any problems since november 22 2012, and my friends galaxy s3 didnt charge at all after one week of use, so was my few other friends who has problems with their galaxy s3:s, so all in all u need to know that there is some faulty devices, no matter what phone, there is always some faulty ones.

And here comes people complain 95% times only when they have an problem, so thats why u could think every phone has problems, go to android forums and then ull see same thing.
Though you're right about people only posting when something's wrong, you still can't deny that Nokia severely botched the launch of Lumia 920.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
makes you wonder how many lumias are really sold if he can respond to everyone :D

They still primarily sell dumbphones...they sold about 80 million regular cell phones in the last quarter alone...obviously he doesn't respond to those enquiries and I'm sure he has assistants responding to these emails as well.

I also had an issue that was totally my fault (I damaged the SIM card holder)...the nokia reps in Canada had trouble locating a spare part even though I was willing to pay...he(or whoever answers his emails) got involved and I received a call from someone high up and in a few days I had the SIM card holder (new) in my hands for free...

Good service and I will be back.

I've had no problems with this phone...
My last phone was a Samsung Focus and I also didn't have any physical problems with the phone (other than it's built like crap) but there were firmware updates that were needed that never came and after sales support was generally just terrible...same with HTC

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Though you're right about people only posting when something's wrong, you still can't deny that Nokia severely botched the launch of Lumia 920.

The only way they botched the launch was by not having enough devices available....I agree with you there...
I think he closed too many plants too quickly and is only now recovering the Nokia production ability