Sony's CEO describes a PlayStation future with Windows and AI: "We will expand our gaming experiences to PC, cloud, and mobile.

OMGTURTLES

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
I appreciate the internal discussion of 'we could but should we'. It's inevitable that game will be released that feature AI art or voice work, even games that are 100% AI eventually, but as long as the big players show some sort of commitment towards people, it instils me with more confidence in an AI future

Reactions: jonzie23

jonzie23

Jan 17, 2024
Visit site
Well, mr TBBudak, do you still believe that consoles are the future, and Sony will stick to their current strategy forever? Heh, I think not.

Dabi30

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Jez, why didn't you include his bit on subscription services not making sense in gaming as they do in linear entertainment? Seems like he sees that Microsoft made a mistake doubling down on GP.

Also, day one PC releases for their premier single player games are not happening. The business implications make this fact obvious.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It's embarassing to see how Sony have been agreeing with Microsoft's strategies one by one. Embarassing.
They're at least 5 years behind MS, maybe 10.
They're behind the curve and that's not easy to fix in this ultra competitive industry. Fans think they have their few third person story heavy, iterative games they love and that's enough. But Sony is worried and rightfully so.
This news comes as something that is too late.

Reactions: jonzie23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria