How do I check to see if my Lumia 920 is carrier unlocked?

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Pretty simple question. I bought my AT&T Lumia 920 from Microsoft store outright and I think I got it unlocked prior to a trip to Ireland, but I can't be sure. How can I confirm it is unlocked and can be used on other carriers?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If it's an AT&T phone, it is most likely locked. Call AT&T Tell them you are going to Ireland and ask for the unlock code. If they say no, tell them you are returning the phone and cancelling your contract.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but that's not really answering the question. From settings there must be a way to tell when a phone is unlocked.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If dialing ##782# doesn't work, the only other way I know of is to put a different carrier sim card in it and it will either ask you for the unlock code, or it will simply work if it's unlocked.

Let's hope someone else has a better answer for you.

LOKI in Toronto

May 7, 2014
Visit site
With your regular SIM card in place, try going to the dialer and using ##7820# (you may or may not have to press call). It should open up a screen that has a lock either closed or open with a field underneath and a dimmed out check mark in a circle. If the lock is open your cell phone is unlocked, if it's closed you can enter the 20 digit Nokia unlock code here. The dimmed check mark will brighten white and you tap on it. After the phone spends a number of seconds running through the unlock screen the lock will open. Your phone is now unlocked.

There is also a section under Settings in the "extras+info" section where it says SIM Unlock and a version number. However, I don't think that means your phone is unlocked, I think it's the version of your SIM Unlock application and determines what method you use to do an unlock. My version is 1.0.0.5 and that may be why I can unlock with my regular SIM card in place and going to the dialer. Just guessing here - not really sure.

That's the best I can do for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon