Turning off Location Services solved my Data Connection issue

blistirs

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if the latest firmware update messed up the location services and that's the reason for the Data Connection bug. After updating (OTA) to latest firmware I started having connection issues like everyone else. I also noticed that my phone thought it was in New York when I'm actually in Colorado. When I run the speedtest app it would ping the New York server, thinking that it was the closest server. Also, when I launch the Nokia Maps and pressed on location, it would jump back and forth from Denver to New York. I went into settings and turned off the location services. I also turned off the location services in the settings of any apps that use it. After a reboot, my data connection (LTE) is consistent and cruising at speeds pre- 1308 firmware update. Can someone independently test this by shutting off their location services and see if it solves your data connection? I haven't had any data issue for the past 6 hours now which is a far improvement since I updated the firmware.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Everyone else???

Never had a problem. Seems these problems may be down to the carrier.

On EE in the UK. Flawless service!!!!

NosRokanaske

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried this and it didn't seem like to do anything for me. But full disclosure, i am living in an area with relatively sketchy data from as long as i lived here, but even then i was always able to text [i can still text but its not as good] and connect on LTE before this update. It seems to be mainly with LTE because my HSPA+ Network is going fine. Its mainly crappy when im indoors not outdoors. When i leave my house, the LTE is pretty damn solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes