The Dust problem and Nokia's Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagfatnick

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
From the UK here,

So i bought my Lumia 920 on the 5th Dec 2012 and really really enjoyed the design of the device and the UI. Kudos to MS for WP8
but around a week after i started noticing my phone was struck with the famed 'Dust under front Camera' problem, however I was travelling and could not return to the original EE store till the 20th (I called the Orange Customer care line and was told to bring it back to the original store). They refused a replacement and so my troubles began.
I've sent my phone to Nokia for service for a total of SIX times:
2 Jan - replaced mobo due to phone not starting up on 27 Dec
14 Jan
5 Feb
11 Feb - phone returned with damaged SIM tray (looks like the technician tried to pry it open. It doesnt 'pop' out using the included eject tool anymore)
15 Feb
7 Mar - phone returned with dust in BACK camera as well (about 5 specks, but not increasing)

Each time it was only cleaned and within a few days the dust crept back. Each 'service' took around 7-14 days, and obviously I've spent more time servicing than using the phone. each time I contacted them explaining the problem pretty clearly, Each time promising me they would fix the problem. I've even got a 'case manager', Ms Elizabeth, and an 'ID',1-13706431529. I know some members of the forums had luck getting it fixed, and some got a replacement, but Nokia's has been utterly horrid to me. I'm at a total loss as to what to do now. Since they've returned it to me in Mid march, the front camera is already partially obstructed. pictures aren't really affected, just occasionally extremely purple tinted.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
well only recently has nokia said they have a fix for it.. so here are your options:

send it one more time with 90% chance itll be fixed this time
or
email alf noto describing your situation and demanding a replacement

i chose the 2nd option and am very happy !

bagfatnick

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
well only recently has nokia said they have a fix for it.. so here are your options:

send it one more time with 90% chance itll be fixed this time
or
email alf noto describing your situation and demanding a replacement

i chose the 2nd option and am very happy !
Really just recently?

Am leaning towards the second option since I've just tried too much times with NOKIA, who's Alf Noto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes