Can't hear callers.

Chris Harcum

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Had several calls today. Couldn't hear the person on the other end. I think they could hear me but I'm not sure. Volume is up. Bill is paid. Any advice would be appreciated.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Had several calls today. Couldn't hear the person on the other end. I think they could hear me but I'm not sure. Volume is up. Bill is paid. Any advice would be appreciated.

Used to happen to me on my iPhone... if you put headphones in, I bet you'll be hearing them just fine through the headphones. If so, it's possible the headphone jack is gunked up, so the 920 thinks there are heaphones in all the time. Try a few insert/removes of the jack to see if you can free up the switch inside.

If this is happening you should have no sound for anything.

Alternately - do you possibly have bluetooth on and are you near a handsfree BT device (my car will grab the call sometimes even if I am 30' away - which isn't very helpful)

If none of that, soft reset, hard reset, warranty repair.

antigonicyp

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Problem on my lumia 520 started about a week ago. All of a sudden(!) I could not hear the caller’s voice through the internal speaker, and the screen went blank so I could not press “end call”. However the callers could hear my screamings OK! I found out that pressing the “speaker” when replying made loudspeaker work and thus replied all calls thereafter on open conversation although very inconvenient and public.
I assumed it was a hardware problem and a complete disassembly and re-assembly did not fix the problem. So, started shopping around for a replacement.
Then someone, here, gave a solution on the lumia 920 and 928. Goto, Setting, Audio (enhancements) wait for loading. There is a “flip to silence” tongle switch that controls the “flip face down to silence the ringer”. Turn it OFF.
I applied it on my 520 and this fixed the problem for GOOD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon