1308 Upgrade Camera improvement

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
With 1308 firmware upgrade, is there any further improvement with the camera's image processing algorithm, while taking snaps during the daylight?

MarkAllett

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
Case..............................................CM 690
Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

Why does this list of PC components appear in all your posts? It's.. odd.

dv720

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Any decrease in shutter lag with the new update?

It's my biggest disappointment with the Lumia 920. The one or two second lag means I have missed many shots and makes the camera seem second rate compared with other current smartphone cameras. I'm actually embarrassed by the phone.

I also find the OIS actually makes many of my shots blurred since the slower shutter speeds cause motion blur esp when taking shots of moving objects (eg. Kids).

Any one else having the same frustrations? Or do I have a dud unit? And does this latest update improve things?

Last edited:

Selfie13

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem also with moving objects and the oh so slightest bit of movement of hand while taking photo in daylight has produced very blurry pics. What's bad, in my opinion, is the blur is much worse after these 2 recent updates. It was never this bad before portico and after.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
For a slightly higher shutter speed try using the sport setting. I will try find an outdoor shot to directly compare in the next day or two.

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
All those who claim they have improvement are bull****tign themselves any us, unless a proper comparison is posted, and please don't give me the one posted here on Wpecentral when the update was announced a month go, it's really not better it's just setting a different color tone.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have same problem also with moving objects and the oh so slightest bit of movement of hand while taking photo in daylight has produced very blurry pics. What's bad, in my opinion, is the blur is much worse after these 2 recent updates. It was never this bad before portico and after.
Have you tried to reset camera's settings after updates? This is under "Settings"-"Applications"-"photos+camera", there should be a button called "reset camera". Also, like someone else said - "sports" setting helps a little with fast-moving objects.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to reset camera's settings after updates? This is under "Settings"-"Applications"-"photos+camera", there should be a button called "reset camera". Also, like someone else said - "sports" setting helps a little with fast-moving objects.

I just reset the camera settings. To me the pictures look good, but in order to make out whether its better than before, I need another 920 with Peurtico version. So that I can take day light pictures for comparision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes