Storage hogger apps and games list

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So I finally received and updated the 1308 update and although only cleared 900+mb of temp files, I found a few deceiving storage hoggers with the new storage tools, some of them I still don't understand why they would take up so much space, since when I installed them from the store they are indicated with MUCH smaller file size..

UC Browser, Throw The Knife, and Pilot Brothers: a whooping 693MB for each of these, what in the world?!
The Path of Kara: 295MB, for the quality of this game this is bearable
PAC-MAN CE DX: 282 MB
Cradle To The Grave: 258MB
Second Chance: 222MB, for a small game like this that's a lot..
Jungle Mamba: 213MB, nice recreation of the classic snake game, but not for its file size
Nokia music: 201MB, I deleted all my offline mixes already, what could the cause of such big storage hog?
Whatsapp: 112MB

Did anyone else notice any unusual storage hogging activities?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
UC Browser takes up 41 MB on my 920. I would suggest that you try clearing the cache and browsing history within UC Browser to free up some space. Tap menu then go to the settings tab and tap Advanced. Then scroll to the bottom and tap "Clear records". Here you can tick which fields you would like to clear.

The other point you made about the file size on the store differing from the size of the file once installed is because the store file is compressed (like a zip file) and the phone will un-compress the file when installing.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that my others storage have jump-up when I installed Skydrive app. Used it once, now it's out of my list.
So I finally received and updated the 1308 update and although only cleared 900+mb of temp files, I found a few deceiving storage hoggers with the new storage tools, some of them I still don't understand why they would take up so much space, since when I installed them from the store they are indicated with MUCH smaller file size..

UC Browser, Throw The Knife, and Pilot Brothers: a whooping 693MB for each of these, what in the world?!
The Path of Kara: 295MB, for the quality of this game this is bearable
PAC-MAN CE DX: 282 MB
Cradle To The Grave: 258MB
Second Chance: 222MB, for a small game like this that's a lot..
Jungle Mamba: 213MB, nice recreation of the classic snake game, but not for its file size
Nokia music: 201MB, I deleted all my offline mixes already, what could the cause of such big storage hog?
Whatsapp: 112MB

Did anyone else notice any unusual storage hogging activities?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
UC Browser takes up 41 MB on my 920. I would suggest that you try clearing the cache and browsing history within UC Browser to free up some space. Tap menu then go to the settings tab and tap Advanced. Then scroll to the bottom and tap "Clear records". Here you can tick which fields you would like to clear.

The other point you made about the file size on the store differing from the size of the file once installed is because the store file is compressed (like a zip file) and the phone will un-compress the file when installing.

I see, thanks for the reply. At the moment I uninstalled uc I'm currently using the IE+surfcube combo. I still think its weird cuz I barely ever used UC when I had it so I don't think I could accumulate 693mb of data with it..

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
yikes really? But I NEED SkyDrive though... :(

Skydrive uses up a mere 15 MB of space on my 920 so it's a non issue for me. Also, I can't see why Skydrive would have any impact on phone storage seeing as all the files are cloud based unless you have downloaded a large number of files to the phone.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
One may use SkyDrive WITHOUT a crappy app, through Office in the phone. It functions really great, and if u have something to do which isn't supported, I believe there is no such thing that cannot wait till u sit in front of ur PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon