Most resistent colours

Surtalnar

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello people,

I want to buy a Lumia 920, but I can't decide finally for a colour. The cheapest colours here in Germany are white, black and red. The most expensive colours are grey, yellow and cyan. At first I wanted the grey version, but as you can see, it's not as cheap as the first three mentioned colours.

Because I find no decision, I want to make my decision based on the resistance and lifetime of the colours.

Which colour is the most resistant regarding scratches and sweat? It would be nice if you could bring on your experiences in this topic.

Greetings

Last edited:

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral!

I have a black 920, and black and grey CC-1043 cases. I think this is the best of both worlds, as the case is such a good fit.

I wouldn't say that any of the colours are really any better than the others in terms of scratch resistance - they are all the same material after all. All the cases are one colour mouldings so there is no paint to rub off but both finishes (matt and gloss) are going to suffer if not well-treated.

Likewise with finger prints or sweat - my personal view is that the matt colours do have a slight advantage here but I can vouch for the fact that my (uncased) black 920 did pick up fingerprints over time. A quick wipe is all that's needed in any case.

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have white Lumia. I like the look, but if I'd buy again I'd get a matt. If you are NOT planing to get a case for your phone, the glossy phones are very slippery. I consider the matt ones to stand a bit better in this point.

I have mine white one for three weeks and it has no scratches till now. Neither the screen nor the case.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have white Lumia. I like the look, but if I'd buy again I'd get a matt. If you are NOT planing to get a case for your phone, the glossy phones are very slippery. I consider the matt ones to stand a bit better in this point.

That's weird because I find my matte cyan 920 to be more slippery than my glossy 900.

Surtalnar

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
To be honest: I never had a matte Lumia. But I thought, it should be less slippery. Interesting to see that I may be wrong :)

Matt doesn't get your oily finger/palm prints all over it. However glossy ones do. So over time, glossy ones give better grip than matt ones. Fact.

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I got a yellow one and I love it. the bad thing is that I use a back-cover thing so you dont actually see it is yellow but still I know it is yellow and I like it very much :) I bought it from Media Markt and I didn't even notice if there was a price difference..hmm..interesting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes