Hey guys, so unfortunately, my white 920 cracked pretty badly. Despite already having some issues (battery, loose unibody, battery moving inside), I didn't want to deal with any potential replacements until I broke it.

I'm gonna be paying a 125 dollar deductible, and judging from what people have said...Asurion comes off as rather sketchy, dodgy, and just has poor customer service and refurbished phones.

Anyone gotten a Lumia replaced with these guys? How did it work out for you? The last thing I want is a phone with more problems.
    04-22-2013 04:40 PM
    May I ask why not go to Nokia care or get a replacement with your carrier?
    04-22-2013 04:50 PM
    +1
    04-22-2013 04:55 PM
    AT&T Insurance you get with your service is through this company. I have had a few (other) phones replaced though them.

I have never had a bad experience. I did have a replacement come to me with the same issue I was sending mine back for. Called and they sent yet another replacement and all is fine. They have always been quick to respond and always next-day'd replacements to me (weekends excluded). Worth it to me since it was cheaper and less of a hassle to have to pay full price for a "replacement" device.
    04-22-2013 06:55 PM
    AT&T provides insurance through Asurion, which is what I signed up for. I got a quote from Nokia and it would cost 180 to get the screen replaced AND it takes about 10 days. Asurion sends you the phone, and gives a pre-paid shipping package to return your broken phone in.

I'm just a bit nervous, because a lot of people same to hate Asurion based on various forums and reviews. Also, the Lumia 920 has had a lot of problems, hence all the threads about people complaining about this or that. I'm just worried I might get a defective one.
    04-22-2013 07:22 PM
    The phone comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty though; why not deal with Nokia directly and get your problem addressed for free?

EDIT: Sorry, guess this won't apply. I just reread the OP. Probably not covered.
    04-23-2013 12:45 AM
    Asurion often gives out less than stellar devices. Maybe consider getting your device repaired? A little adhesive under the battery will stop it from shaking (I did it to mine). Check ubreakifix.com and see if there is a location near you. Full disclosure: I do work for uBreakiFix in Chicago. We have successfully repaired several 920s already.
    04-23-2013 11:05 AM