Hi,
    Till date I have been a super happy user with my Nokia Lumia 920.
    Since a couple of days, I realised that some of my contacts in the people's hub that are starting with the letter "S" have been moved before the letter "A" under the "#" field. (See Screenshot Below)
    Although the same does not appear on my people's hub in my Windows 8 laptop.

screenshot-3.jpg

I tried solving this issue by deleting the contacts and adding them manually, by deleting the accounts and re-adding them in the people's hub, by deleting and re-adding the accounts through the mail settings. None solved my issue.
    I realised that the moment I add a contact on my phone with some number as the contact name, automatically this particular contact comes under the "#" field and all other contacts starting with "S" that were in the "#" field get moved under the appropriate letter. Just as it should be. (See Picture below)

screenshot-2.jpg

But again the moment I delete this contact starting with a number, those previous contacts appear back under the "#" field just as in the first picture.

I've searched the web for an answer before posting this thread. Looks like its not a common issue.
    Has any one had a similar problem. Can someone please help me solve this issue. Its pretty irritating to see contacts starting with "S" the moment I tap on the people's hub.
    I tried a soft reset, which has not solved the issue. I really do not want to do hard reset.
    Please help.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot-1.jpg  
    Last edited by ktl88; 06-05-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    06-05-2013 07:49 AM
    Maybe you use a different keyboard than standard english which has S has a special character? Just a guess. Try changing the keyboard language.
    06-05-2013 09:39 AM
    Maybe you use a different keyboard than standard english which has S has a special character? Just a guess. Try changing the keyboard language.
    Nope, I have never changed my keyboard since I purchased the 920. Nonetheless, I checked out the keyboard - It is in English (India). Tried changing it to English US and no difference. Reverted back to default.
    06-05-2013 11:12 AM
    Sorry i have no answer but what a bizarre issue.

not the best solution but have you tried soft resetting your phone or even hard resetting it?
    06-05-2013 05:00 PM
    Sorry i have no answer but what a bizarre issue.

not the best solution but have you tried soft resetting your phone or even hard resetting it?
    Yup, a bizarre issue.
    I have tried a soft reset. Not willing to try a hard reset for this.
    06-07-2013 04:47 AM
    Have u tried sorting list ?
    Sort list by :
    or
    Display names by :

Try combinations and see if those contacts are still in #
    ktl88 likes this.
    06-07-2013 04:59 AM
    Have u tried sorting list ?
    Sort list by :
    or
    Display names by :

Try combinations and see if those contacts are still in #
    ohh didn't think of this option. I tried all combinations possible, and the only one that works without the # is Sort list by Surname.
    But still this doesn't solve my issue as I'm finding it odd to have it sorted by surname.
    Thanks for your help.
    06-07-2013 12:09 PM
    Ok , remove the names of those contacts in first name and paste whole name in surname field and see.

If it doesn't work , try pasting whole name in last name column.

Do it for one contact and see how that worked out
    06-09-2013 01:30 AM