Help Please - Weird issue with contacts in the people's hub on my Lumia 920

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Till date I have been a super happy user with my Nokia Lumia 920.
Since a couple of days, I realised that some of my contacts in the people's hub that are starting with the letter "S" have been moved before the letter "A" under the "#" field. (See Screenshot Below)
Although the same does not appear on my people's hub in my Windows 8 laptop.

Screenshot 3.jpg

I tried solving this issue by deleting the contacts and adding them manually, by deleting the accounts and re-adding them in the people's hub, by deleting and re-adding the accounts through the mail settings. None solved my issue.
I realised that the moment I add a contact on my phone with some number as the contact name, automatically this particular contact comes under the "#" field and all other contacts starting with "S" that were in the "#" field get moved under the appropriate letter. Just as it should be. (See Picture below)

Screenshot 2.jpg

But again the moment I delete this contact starting with a number, those previous contacts appear back under the "#" field just as in the first picture.

I've searched the web for an answer before posting this thread. Looks like its not a common issue.
Has any one had a similar problem. Can someone please help me solve this issue. Its pretty irritating to see contacts starting with "S" the moment I tap on the people's hub.
I tried a soft reset, which has not solved the issue. I really do not want to do hard reset.
Please help.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.jpg
    Screenshot 1.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you use a different keyboard than standard english which has S has a special character? Just a guess. Try changing the keyboard language.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you use a different keyboard than standard english which has S has a special character? Just a guess. Try changing the keyboard language.

Nope, I have never changed my keyboard since I purchased the 920. Nonetheless, I checked out the keyboard - It is in English (India). Tried changing it to English US and no difference. Reverted back to default.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry i have no answer but what a bizarre issue.

not the best solution but have you tried soft resetting your phone or even hard resetting it?

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry i have no answer but what a bizarre issue.

not the best solution but have you tried soft resetting your phone or even hard resetting it?

Yup, a bizarre issue.
I have tried a soft reset. Not willing to try a hard reset for this.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Have u tried sorting list ?
Sort list by :
or
Display names by :

Try combinations and see if those contacts are still in #

ohh didn't think of this option. I tried all combinations possible, and the only one that works without the # is Sort list by Surname.
But still this doesn't solve my issue as I'm finding it odd to have it sorted by surname.
Thanks for your help.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok , remove the names of those contacts in first name and paste whole name in surname field and see.

If it doesn't work , try pasting whole name in last name column.

Do it for one contact and see how that worked out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross