08-22-2013 09:53 PM
127 12345 ...
tools
    Can the attached Nokia Lumia 920 WHITE firmware be applied to Nokia Lumia 920 RED?
    Last edited by charming_arpit; 08-10-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    08-10-2013 08:25 AM
    Colour dosen't really matter
    08-10-2013 10:52 AM
    Well finally updated to GDR2 using the attached firmware. Good to see Amber Update working flawlessly on my Lumia 920 RED!
    08-10-2013 02:06 PM
    Thanks for link.. but can you help by telling or directing where to find guide to update using this file?

Thanks!!!
    0. Do NOT connect your phone to your PC right now.
    1. Extract all files to "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\..."
    2. Open Nokia Care Suite->Product Support Tool for Nokia-> Sign in as Care Suite External.
    3. In the lower right corner, click on 'Online' and select 'Work Offline'
    4. Select 'File' Menu -> Open Product-> Select RM-821 ->Open
    5. In the lower left corner click on 'Programming' -> Recovery
    6. If everything works out fine, you should see a 'Start' button come up in the main window. Click on it. It will say something like 'Phone not found..' and will give detailed instruction to press certain buttons and click on retry.
    7. Switch off your phone, connect it to the PC, hold the buttons as asked and click on retry. If you did it right, the phone will retsart and flashing will start. The window on your PC will let you know once the flashing is completed.

Please Note: Do this only if you are confident enough and have done sufficient online research on it. If something goes wrong, it is not my responsibility. In exceptional circumstances, this can even void your warranty if your phone bricks and Nokia Care guys come to realize you were trying to tinker with firmware flashing.

​All said and done, good luck with it. :)
    Last edited by rohitsingh; 08-14-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    08-10-2013 02:09 PM
    Thank you for the instructions. Worked perfectly on my Black 920!
    08-10-2013 03:38 PM
    I think there are lots of graphics improvements made GDR2. Start screen and transitions are even more smooth. Even frame rates in temple run have improved quite a bit! The best part is color profile through which i am getting very rich colors on lumia 920 just like an amoled screen! Well done Nokia and Microsoft
    08-11-2013 12:59 PM
    it worked for me Lumia-920 Yellow Indian version ;)
    08-11-2013 09:53 PM
    Camera has also improved dramatically! Low light images are no more blurry! Very satisfying! I am still not able to check whether battery has improved.

Attentive phone features are working flawlessly and are pretty handy.

Is there any way that radio could be played through phone speakers instead of headphones?
    08-11-2013 10:55 PM
    Hi all,

Can somebody confirm if they can see 'Podcasts' option in the Store, along with Apps, Games, Apps from Nokia? I want to be able to subscribe to podcasts (I do have an app but would prefer it this way)
    I have the 920 since Jan and I am not able to see it. My country on the phone is India and on Live account is India too. I tried switching to US but I still don't see it.
    Interestingly, my wife's 520, which was recently bought and has 1314 firmware, allows Music and Podcasts in the store, with the country 'India' everywhere.

I wish to know if GDR2 is going to enable that option for me. So, can somebody confirm if it was visible BEFORE and/or AFTER GDR2?

Thank you
    Nilesh
    08-11-2013 11:19 PM
    Camera has also improved dramatically! Low light images are no more blurry! Very satisfying! I am still not able to check whether battery has improved.

Attentive phone features are working flawlessly and are pretty handy.

Is there any way that radio could be played through phone speakers instead of headphones?
    Tap and hold on the station, It shows you options and you can play via Phone speakers :)
    08-12-2013 06:00 AM
    Hi Guys,

I still didn`t got the update. mine is lumia 920 black. can some one help me out

thanks
    vijay
    08-12-2013 06:39 AM
    2. Rename all file names, replace '059R2B9' to your respective product codes in the name.
    3. Open Nokia Care Suite->Product Support Tool for Nokia-> Sign in as Care Suite External.
    4. In the lower right corner, click on 'Online' and select 'Work Offline'
    5. Select 'File' Menu -> Open Product-> Select RM-821 ->Open
    6. In the lower left corner click on 'Programming' -> Recovery
    7. If everything works out fine, you should see a 'Start' button come up in the main window. Click on it. It will say something like 'Phone not found..' and will give detailed instruction to press certain buttons and click on
    Hey Rohit...

I have downloaded the files and placed them in this path: (Attached the screenshot)
    C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\FW 1326.2001_GDR2

When I open the NCS and follow the exact steps, NCS doesn't seem to recognize the package in the path.

Can you please suggest what am I doing wrong? Hope to hear from you quickly!!

EDIT >> Realized that I have placed it under additional folder under rm-821.. copied the data to rm-821. Will post back once I update it!
    Attached Thumbnails capture.png  
    08-12-2013 11:09 AM
    Successfully updated to GDR2! Thank you guys!!
    08-12-2013 11:26 AM
    Whoever updated manually, so you see datasense if so...is it working properly?
    08-12-2013 12:48 PM
    Hi all,

Can somebody confirm if they can see 'Podcasts' option in the Store, along with Apps, Games, Apps from Nokia? I want to be able to subscribe to podcasts (I do have an app but would prefer it this way)
    I have the 920 since Jan and I am not able to see it. My country on the phone is India and on Live account is India too. I tried switching to US but I still don't see it.
    Interestingly, my wife's 520, which was recently bought and has 1314 firmware, allows Music and Podcasts in the store, with the country 'India' everywhere.

I wish to know if GDR2 is going to enable that option for me. So, can somebody confirm if it was visible BEFORE and/or AFTER GDR2?

Thank you
    Nilesh
    Bump on this. Anyone?
    08-12-2013 10:57 PM
    Whoever updated manually, so you see datasense if so...is it working properly?
    Yes Datasense is working great! Even shows me nearby free WiFi :)
    08-13-2013 03:07 AM
    Awesome update... Well done Nokia and Microsoft. Even Gallery has improved with better pic quality on zooming the pics! Goodbye HD Photo Viewer! To sum it up, this update is about Camera, Battery, Graphics and Basic Phone functionalities!
    08-13-2013 05:45 AM
    2. Rename all file names, replace '059R2B9' to your respective product codes in the name.
    3. Open Nokia Care Suite->Product Support Tool for Nokia-> Sign in as Care Suite External.
    4. In the lower right corner, click on 'Online' and select 'Work Offline'
    5. Select 'File' Menu -> Open Product-> Select RM-821 ->Open
    6. In the lower left corner click on 'Programming' -> Recovery
    7. If everything works out fine, you should see a 'Start' button come up in the main window. Click on it. It will say something like 'Phone not found..' and will give detailed instruction to press certain buttons and click on retry.
    8. Switch off your phone, connect it to the PC, hold the buttons as asked and click on retry. If you did it right, the phone will retsart and flashing will start. The window on your PC will let you know once the flashing is completed.

Please Note: Do this only if you are confident enough and have done sufficient online research on it. If something goes wrong, it is not my responsibility. In exceptional circumstances, this can even void your warranty if your phone bricks and Nokia Care guys come to realize you were trying to tinker with firmware flashing.

​All said and done, good luck with it. :)
    Hey Rohit,
    I don't get Sign in as Care Suite External. this option when i open nokia care suite.. there is only one option which requires username and password.

Please tell how to get that option.....

Thanks!!
    08-13-2013 07:27 AM
    Hey Rohit,
    I don't get Sign in as Care Suite External. this option when i open nokia care suite.. there is only one option which requires username and password.

Please tell how to get that option.....

Thanks!!
    What version of nokia care suite are you using?
    08-13-2013 07:29 AM
    What version of nokia care suite are you using?
    Rohit

Please find attached screenshot for version numberncs1.jpgncs.jpg

If this is the wrong one please let me know the correct version to use and if possible download link for same.

Thanks a lot.
    08-13-2013 07:41 AM
    Rohit

Please find attached screenshot for version number

If this is the wrong one please let me know the correct version to use and if possible download link for same.

Thanks a lot.
    Yup. This is the tricky version that needs to be patched and all. Use this instead: Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2012.51.4.4 @ Seidea

You'll open Nokia Care Suite after installing. In that, open 'Product Support Tool for Store, and then it will ask you to sign in:

screenshot-13-.png

And this will be where you'll get the option to log in.
    Amit Arora1 likes this.
    08-13-2013 07:53 AM
    Yup. This is the tricky version that needs to be patched and all. Use this instead: Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2012.51.4.4 @ Seidea

You'll open Nokia Care Suite after installing. In that, open 'Product Support Tool for Store, and then it will ask you to sign in:

Thanks!! Rohit for your help... but i guess my hard luck... it doesn't show start option after doing all things as mentioned in your post..
    ncs2.jpg

Any idea??? would really love to have Amber update

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (13).png 
Views:	94 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	39908

08-13-2013 09:12 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (13).png 
Views:	94 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	39908

Somehow reached start option... when clicked on the start.. now it has strange issue

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
    Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageSignatureInvalidException: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
    at Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageInternal.CheckPackageSignature()
    at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

please please someone help me......
    how can i solve this issue???
    08-13-2013 09:35 AM
    Somehow reached start option... when clicked on the start.. now it has strange issue

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
    Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageSignatureInvalidException: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
    at Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageInternal.CheckPackageSignature()
    at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

please please someone help me......
    how can i solve this issue???
    I had the same problem but that went away when I DIDN'T change the product codes. Keep it as 059R2B9 and try again.
    Amit Arora1 likes this.
    08-13-2013 01:15 PM
    Battery backup was much improved after GDR 2 :)
    08-13-2013 03:51 PM
127 12345 ...