Change Log for Lumia 920 Amber [India]

Subramanian Krish

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Guys, to all of you who have flashed the leaked Amber firmware, I will strongly recommend that once the official OTA update is available kindly reflash your phones to the old firmware (GDR1 - FW 1308/1314) and update through wifi. I say this becasue I have noticed a couple of bugs in this firmware:

1. There is a bug in the IE settings where it does not allow you to change default search engine to Google. (The two given options are Bing and Bing)
2. Somehow the message and email notification tones sound weird (Nokia mail and Nokia Message). They are very short and low in volume. I am not sure if they are actually going to be like this in the new official firmware, but possibly could be buggy in this build.

Those who do not have the old firmware (version 1308) can currently download it through Nokia Care Suite.

Rohit-Would you still advise we revert to Portico via NCS and resort to OTA for amber?As such I have no major issues -except possibly poorer battery life

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Rohit-Would you still advise we revert to Portico via NCS and resort to OTA for amber?As such I have no major issues -except possibly poorer battery life

There's no difference in the firmware which we shared/leaked, with OTA firmware. Both are exactly same.
If you think OTA firmware solves your problem, you can go on and you will find it's the same in the end.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

there are some more bugs in the leaked firmware like while changing the lock screen wallpaper stock images) would just close the page itself,ie have some bugs like it was laggy in my case,and when I contacted nokia acre for this they said your warranty will be voided if you flashed the these firmware's. I quickly redownloed the gdr1 files through navifirm and flashed my device,update my device to amber via ota and its working perfectly fine(touchwood) with lock screen bug fixed, ie is much better. Still its all up to you.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There's no difference in the firmware which we shared/leaked, with OTA firmware. Both are exactly same.
If you think OTA firmware solves your problem, you can go on and you will find it's the same in the end.

same reply,
there are some more bugs in the leaked firmware like while changing the lock screen wallpaper stock images) would just close the page itself,ie have some bugs like it was laggy in my case,and when I contacted nokia acre for this they said your warranty will be voided if you flashed the these firmware's. I quickly redownloed the gdr1 files through navifirm and flashed my device,update my device to amber via ota and its working perfectly fine(touchwood) with lock screen bug fixed, ie is much better. Still its all up to you.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
same reply,

I'm sorry but I have no such bug and I flashed the leaked firmware. While it is true that your warranty might get void if Nokia finds out you flashed leaked firmware, the "bugs" you speak of are non existent. There is no difference between the official and leaked firmwares so please stop spreading FUD.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I can second that thought. I have flashed with the leaked FW and it showed no flaws till now. Moreover it does have 4G enabled which i didnt got in my official update. What the heck nokia.

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but I have no such bug and I flashed the leaked firmware. While it is true that your warranty might get void if Nokia finds out you flashed leaked firmware, the "bugs" you speak of are non existent. There is no difference between the official and leaked firmwares so please stop spreading FUD.

exactly my thought. +1

I have been using Nokia since 6600 and I flashed every device manually[Symbian and WP]. No Warranty breaks nothing. They just want you to avoid so that people like newbies can keep away from such danger tasks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254