Should I buy it?

Desseh

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello there!
I am not exactly a.. nokian or whatever you wish to call it. If I actually do buy this, this will be my first nokia phone! Woo!

I have been an android user ever since I got into the smartphone world. I currently own a samsung galaxy pro (One of the first galaxies, i think they stopped making it xD)

I have a few problems with this phone..
-The internal memory.
-The lock button. (Long story, short.. it doesnt work anymore.)
-The battery. (Hardly lasts 3 hours, 2G internet connection, on lowwww brightness.. I think it is 1365 or something like that)
-The fact that it seriously doesnt always work well.

And the lumia 920 satisfys all my needs, and complains about my current phone.

Note: I am not actually buying the phone rightt NOW, after ten months, if I actually get this score-deal i have with my parent.

I am either in for the 920 or 1020 or just any other android.

Dont get me wrong, androids are fun, but they're starting to get overratted, no care for the hardware anymore, knowing it would sell anyway. And the OS isnt really improving that much, just adding small bits and pieces to imrpess you for the first week. And it gets old after a few months, everyone I know started resetting their phone after like.. 6 months, cause it is starting to be too slow or internal memory problems (like myself)

However, I feel that the 920 is.. Unique, it wont make me bored, and it will always be.. Mine. You know what I mean?
Plus the amazing hardware (Yes, I have held it. Yes, it is heavier than the iPhones and androids out there, but it feels like it wont just.. Slip and fall)

I do have a few questions though..

-How long have you owned the 920? Does it still do the job perfectly?
If i do buy the 920 or 1020 if that matters.. I will be stuck with it for at least two years.

-Is there still battery draining problems? How long does it usually last?
I am a HUGE social networker.. So. Keep that in mind.

-Does it heat up too quickly? Or was it some problem before?

- The app market\store is growing everyday, correct? or does it still feel a little.. Short on apps?

-Would you recommand this?

- Any bad points about this phone?

Thank you so much in advance :D!

-Desseh.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
While I don't own a Lumia 920, it will be better, battery life-wise.

The battery life of this phone is one of its shortcomings, for me. If you want really good battery life, aim for the Lumia 720.
If you use Facebook and Twitter, the People Hub will suffice. If not, you have the Facebook Beta and various Twitter apps to cater to your needs.

If you're not a huge app person, then the WP Store should be enough.

ccownerful

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
i personally own a 920. and i have had a terrible experience with it. it has bricked a lot and what you said about your lock button. ever since i got mine, it seemed to feel like the button would give up soon....it hasn't but it has a bad feel to it. and since you came from android, you are probably used to the customization features, on the lumia you cannot change your tone for when you get a text. yes it sucks... don't get me wrong, i like my phone.. i just wish i would have gotten an android because of the customization and app market advantages. if i were you i would just go for the new Samsung galaxy s 4. and the 920 is a brick. im serious the phone is HEAVY. as far as battery goes, mine lasts a good day without a charge. not bad, not great...good luck on your choice!

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned you want to buy something after 10 months right. By that time next version of WP will be out, 8.1. and Nokia is releasing new phones almost every month. You will have a lot better choice than 920 and different screen size and design options. So sit ands relax.

Desseh

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
i personally own a 920. and i have had a terrible experience with it. it has bricked a lot and what you said about your lock button. ever since i got mine, it seemed to feel like the button would give up soon....it hasn't but it has a bad feel to it. and since you came from android, you are probably used to the customization features, on the lumia you cannot change your tone for when you get a text. yes it sucks... don't get me wrong, i like my phone.. i just wish i would have gotten an android because of the customization and app market advantages. if i were you i would just go for the new Samsung galaxy s 4. and the 920 is a brick. im serious the phone is HEAVY. as far as battery goes, mine lasts a good day without a charge. not bad, not great...good luck on your choice!

A samsung S4 wouldnt have been any better.
Believe me after dealing with samsungs, it gets old quickly, all the app market advantages fly away when you're looking for quality. And i heard the S4 lags a lot, and actually witnessed it lagging for a few minutes, although that leave me wondering of how and why? it has a great processor.

again, i am looking for the hardware quality, and good internal memory. And the market is growing everyday, correct? and for now, it has all what i need, since i am not much of a gamer.
However, i would have to reconsider if the lock button really feels "bad".

As to the heaviness.

i have held this thing, and believe me it feels solid, and again, it wont just slip and fall. like most of those really slimmmm, plastic-y feel phones, that need a cover. Like NEED it.

Thank you so much ^-^!

Desseh

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned you want to buy something after 10 months right. By that time next version of WP will be out, 8.1. and Nokia is releasing new phones almost every month. You will have a lot better choice than 920 and different screen size and design options. So sit ands relax.

i know.. this is why I mentioned that i am not buying till after 10 months, incase anyone had better options\suggestions.

However, it takes a looottttttt of time to come to Egypt, almost a year.

But still, i amma keep my options open.

Thank you ^-^!

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
A samsung S4 wouldnt have been any better.
Believe me after dealing with samsungs, it gets old quickly, all the app market advantages fly away when you're looking for quality. And i heard the S4 lags a lot, and actually witnessed it lagging for a few minutes, although that leave me wondering of how and why? it has a great processor.

Desseh, you seem very intelligent. You are right that the S4 and most Android phones generally have lag. The S4 looks nice but it's always the software that really makes a device. My 920 is easy to work with and I have not noticed that the buttons feel weak at all. Of course, I keep my phone in a removable case. It gets hot when playing some games but will cool down afterwards. The battery lasts me more than one day.

While I am pleased with my L920, I would like to see more features added in the next update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon