still not able to receive amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

totoro0106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
It has been very frustrating that when i check my lumia 920's phone update, it keeps saying it's up to date everyday, even after nearly a month the amber update ota is released in my area. So i went to settings--> about to check out what's wrong with my device. I bought my device online and they claims that it was from hongkong but turns out its carrier is uk EE. I think it's unlocked since I'm able to use different sim card with my phone.
even until now, the ul EE's status for amber update is "waiting for approval", and this is driving me crazy. I would like how to know to get rid of EE and turn my phone into nobrand device so that i can receive the update. I have read through some post and understand that flashing the device maybe the solution. But i didn't know if flashing the device will damage phone or not/ after flashing the device i won't have genuine firmware.
I urgently need somebody to help! thanks

Chris

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Couple things Chris, this is the month it supposed to arrive. Emphasis on "supposed to." If if it does then its on schedule. If not, then we might not get it. The other thing is try not to dwell on it too much. It'll only cheese you off.

totoro0106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you but ummm the reason why I'm so frustrated is that I'm not even living in Europe, can't understand why i got a EE version device. the amber update ota has been officially released in my country for 3 weeks, everybody else has got the update except me. so i was thinking bout getting help to get rid of EE since I'm not even a EE user and EE is the SLOWEST carrier to release updates.
Flashing my phone might be the only solution and if so, i would like to know if there's any side effects. Your help is truly appreciated, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar