Another frustrated chat about Amber update with AT&T just now

roy316

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Dave Stone: Hello Zhi. How may I assist you today?

Zhi: Hi, Dave

Zhi: I just want to ask when will be Amber update for Lumia 920 available from ATT

Zhi: actually it came out for a long time

Zhi: 'looks like all over the world got the update except att

Dave Stone: I am not sure what you are referring to, but updates are sent from the manufacturer so we do not have information about them.

Zhi: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-softwar

Zhi: Nokia gave it to your company many months ago

Zhi: need your company certified

Zhi: Look at this list,

Zhi: Att will be the last one

Dave Stone: We do not send out updates so there is no information.

Zhi: Do you understang what I said?

Zhi: Did you have a look of that website?

Dave Stone: I understand, but we still do not have any information about any updates for any phone so you just have to wait until it is ready if it is ever released.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Customer support agents are a totally different department to the people who validate firmware.

Asking them is like asking a NASA tour guide whether the latest shuttle firmware update is ready.

(Ok, I'm being really mean here - NASA people of course are so much more educated than AT&T customer service, but the point is made)

Any intelligence from an AT&T customer service agent is likely something they read online from a web search.

(Am I being too mean here? Perhaps. But I'm annoyed that my phone still doesn't have Amber.)

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Customer support agents are a totally different department to the people who validate firmware.

Asking them is like asking a NASA tour guide whether the latest shuttle firmware update is ready.

(Ok, I'm being really mean here - NASA people of course are so much more educated than AT&T customer service, but the point is made)

Any intelligence from an AT&T customer service agent is likely something they read online from a web search.

(Am I being too mean here? Perhaps. But I'm annoyed that my phone still doesn't have Amber.)

Nope, sounds just about right.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am actually getting tired of these posts. Yet another thread opened even though you could have easily posted it in the other one that talks about exactly this?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
CSRs have to cover issues with many different devices as well as general service and network issues. You're not going to find one that knows everything. If AT&T doesn't have some official statement handed out to them, then their guess will be as good as yours.

Whatever problems we have with carriers isn't the fault of the Customer Service Rep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2