YouTube and other video playback is awful.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The audio is constantly cutting out. It's always been doing this. I love everything else about the phone, but that one fact makes me hesitant to show it off even more.
This is my 3rd windows phone. I had a focus, the 800, and now the 920.
It's starting to drive me nuts.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The audio is constantly cutting out. It's always been doing this. I love everything else about the phone, but that one fact makes me hesitant to show it off even more.
This is my 3rd windows phone. I had a focus, the 800, and now the 920.
It's starting to drive me nuts.

Are you using either mytube or metrotube?

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Just try to use youtube on IE.I do that and I don't face any problems. Perhaps you can give that a try?
Although it does drain the battery pretty fast.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's been most noticeable on the 920. The 800 did it occasionally, I just don't watch vids much, but it is starting to drive me crazy.
I just assumed that it was a windows 8 thing. Google just messing with us.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It's been most noticeable on the 920. The 800 did it occasionally, I just don't watch vids much, but it is starting to drive me crazy.
I just assumed that it was a windows 8 thing. Google just messing with us.

I don't understand what your problem is, can you try to explain?

Instinct121

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue on my Nokia Lumia 920 a couple times. Just had to restart the phone and everything was fine. I assumed that the phone ran out of resources and didn't bother trying to close all the apps to see if that was the problem. Now that I'm on GDR3 it's a lot easier to close apps.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It really doesn't matter. It happens on WiFi, lte, 4g, whatever. If I reset, it still does it.
The video is perfect, it's just the audio that completely cuts out a second or two at a time.
It really annoyed me when I was trying to watch the review for the dell venue 8 pro. (I really want that thing)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It really doesn't matter. It happens on WiFi, lte, 4g, whatever. If I reset, it still does it.
The video is perfect, it's just the audio that completely cuts out a second or two at a time.
It really annoyed me when I was trying to watch the review for the dell venue 8 pro. (I really want that thing)

It is crazy that is happens to a bunch of different phones, all different types of connections and on apps and the browser. I have never had this issue nor have I heard anyone having a continuous issue with WP and youtube.

Really there is no logic to it and no reasonable explanation other than ridiculously horrible luck.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If it wasn't for ridiculously horrible luck, I'd have none. Lol

I'm happy to hear it is an uncommon problem though. I can now get the 1520 as soon as I find one from someone other than att.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon