Transfer Data from 521 to 920

LP Slade

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
So I just got a new Lumia 920 and I used the "Transfer My Data" app to get contacts from my 521, but none of my apps are there. I also used the Windows Phone app for Mac to transfer music, etc. I expected everything (apps, contacts, settings, etc.) to all be there once I logged in with my Microsoft Account, but nothing was. How do I get my apps onto my new phone?? Or do I have to redownload everything??? :angry:

Any help?! Thanks in advance!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Log into your account at the WP Store. You will see a link called "Purchase History." Go into that and then simply click "Reinstall app" that appears to the right of each app. You will be able to get all of your previous apps on your new 920 with the exception of those that are T-Mobile exclusives, of course. Actually, some of those might make their way on your phone because I went from an 810 to a 920 and managed to do it with a few. Good luck!

LP Slade

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for the info!! One thing, though: I have to do that for EVERY SINGLE app??? I have to say, that is insane. I upgraded because I'm not a casual user and I needed more power and storage so I have a lot of apps. This MUST be fixed in the future if I'm to upgrade again (hopefully once the 1820 comes out). I know this is the wrong forum, but I'm also an iPhone user and I must say ... going from one iPhone to another is incredibly easy. One sync with iTunes and everything is there ... in the same place (folder) as it was on the previous phone. It's things like this that keep me from fully switching over to WP. Okay, vent over.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad to help. :smile: Yes, unfortunately, you have to do that for every app you want to get on your new phone. Well, another option is to go to the Store app directly on the 920 and get the apps back that way. But it's essentially the same and just as time consuming. I had to do the same when I went from my 810 to 920 back in May. As for the iPhone comments, I hear ya. I went from an iPhone 4 to my 810 and then 920. I spent practically all day adding all my apps and music to my 920. It's worth all that time in the end, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes