Lumia 920 won't change to landscape screen orientation

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Help! Suddenly my phone won't switch to landscape mode. Noticed it initially in Camera/Camcorder but it's not working at all in apps etc. Any advice? This is my main camcorder and with Christmas around the corner I'm starting to panic. Thanks

Edit - Had a look on google. Someone suggested changing language/region. I'm in the UK, changed from English to English (United States), restart phone and it started working again .... changed back to English, another restart and it's still working. Strange but it worked.

miercruz

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
try knocking the back of you 920, the upper back , close to camera until it works.. its a defect on hardware not a software.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow, changing region actually worked for me also! I am in the US, so I changed region to UK (english), restarted, then back to US (english), and restarted. Now the orientation works properly again. Crazy, but obviously it is a software glitch of some sort. Thanks!

Michael J Wise

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that this happens whenever I travel to Canada and my carrier switches from AT&T to Rogers. As soon as I cross the border, the screen will not rotate.

Remarcko

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
try knocking the back of you 920, the upper back , close to camera until it works.. its a defect on hardware not a software.

Many, many thanks for this obscure fix... it certainly did the trick on my Microsoft Lumia 950, where all other logical fixes had failed to do. I really appreciate your suggestion. Yours gratefully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes