Sadly, am now having issues with my 920. :(

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So. I have had my Yellow Lumia 920 since launch. I can't say enough good about the phone and WP8. Love it!

However, after a little over a year, I have been having these problems:

1. Randomly freeze to where I have to force reboot (about 5-8 times/day)
2. Randomly reboots (about 3-5 times/day)
3. Launching an application will hang. I can get back to the start screen, but am unable to launch the app again (I have to reboot to get back into the app) (about a bazillion times/day (ok, maybe only 8-10 times/day))
4. Drops Wi-Fi network. Tried turning it off/on, airplane mode but ultimately have to reboot to get wi-fi back (2-3 times/day)
5. Loses ALL data connectivity (Wi-Fi and Cellular). Reboot is the only way I can get it back (1-2 times/day)
6. Dust under the FFC

These incidents happen regardless of the fact that I am:

1. Off the Charger
2. USB Charging
3. Wireless Charging

Now, here is what I have tried:

Factory Reset:

I did a complete wipe and reset. I put in the needed account information to get into the phone and added NOTHING else. No apps or anything. Just left it vanilla.

After a few hours, it all starts over again (see above)

I have updated to the GDR3 developer preview and am still having this issues. :(

Now, since my phone is over a year old, I am afraid to call AT&T about it since they are really not a total joy to deal with. :( So, other than that, anything else anyone can suggest?

Thanks!

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
You should just really try calling at&t. But if that doesn't work, the Lumia Black update just started rolling out so you should just wait a couple of days and update it which should help

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like something has failed. Bad memory or similar. Call AT&T or Nokia.

If everyone says out of warranty you might be able push back for a replacement because of the dust under the lens issue, which is a design fault. Hopefully AT&T can help... sometimes going into a store and talking also helps.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
5. Loses ALL data connectivity (Wi-Fi and Cellular). Reboot is the only way I can get it back (1-2 times/day)

I have this. It is REALLY annoying. I don't know whether to go to Nokia Care or to just wait for the update. Nokia Care sucks in my place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes