Charging Issue

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've run into an issue recently when I charge my 920. This has happened five or six times so far, but I've noticed that after charging it overnight to full capacity, when I disconnect the charger I normally use, it immediately goes down to 99%. I've experienced this with my iPhone 4 before as well. However, after this morning, I'm wondering if it's the charger. My go-to charger is the one that came with my Nokia E73 Mode that I got in January 2011. I charged my phone last night with the charger that came with my Lumia 810 that I got in November 2012 and it was perfectly fine when I disconnected it, stayed at 100%. Do chargers go bad after a certain amount of time? Or could it possibly be my phone?

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
the phone will stop charging when it reaches 100%. and the phone will start to discharge accordingly until it gets down to XX% then it will start to recharge again till 100%. it wont recharge at 99.9%, thats for sure. cuz that would degrade the battery life. its just the phone trying to preserve the battery life cycle.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've only charged my phone when it's around 40-something % or lower when this has happened. It would register a fully charged battery icon while connected and then immediately go to 99% the second I disconnect that particular charger. So, it's probably the charger. I do realize it stops charging once it's full.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It might be a known little bug/glitch that a few of us see from time to time. My 920 and my Mums 820 and a few other people have a bug appear sometimes, whereby the phone either does not charge up to 100%, or when you unplug it at 100%, it appears to start losing charge very quickly. It may be this little glitch, or it may be the charger or the battery.

If you notice it happen again, take a look what percentage the battery is at, then switch your phone off and back on again. If it has jumped back up to 100%, then it's that known bug. The battery itself is fine, it's just something that causes the phone to not read the level properly. It doesn't happen a lot to me, but simply restarting the phone, shows the correct percentage and it will then discharge at a 'normal' rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes