How do I edit music information- song name, artist, album?

Jeb H

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I need to edit the information that is displayed by the mp3 files on my Nokia Lumia 920 with the Lumia black version software. This information includes the song name, artist, and album, as well as playlists. I have currently not yet seen any way how to edit this information, and quick assistance would be great!

Jeb H

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
but how? I don't know how to edit it on my pc either. I downloaded zune software to see if it would work but my computer won't detect it and neither will zune.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
but how? I don't know how to edit it on my pc either. I downloaded zune software to see if it would work but my computer won't detect it and neither will zune.

The 920 and all other phones running on WP8 don't use Zune. You can also try using Windows Media Player to organize your music.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

First of all, uninstall ZUNE software. WP8 does not work with it.

Then, connect your phone with your PC/laptop. Click on "computer" and there you should see all the drives (C: , D: ...etc..) and different devices connected to your computer. You should also see "Portable Devices" so, go down and double-click on "windows phone" in the "Portable Devices" section and there you go, you'll see all the different folders on your phone.

From there you can change the song's name by right-clicking on it and choosing "properties" but to change other information, you'll have to download the songs to your computer, edit the information you want and re-upload it to your phone.

Jeb H

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
It also doesn't show up on the My Computer (My PC on WIndows 8)

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    160.1 KB · Views: 3

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
It also doesn't show up on the My Computer (My PC on WIndows 8)

Try to soft-reset the phone (Hold volume down and power button simultaneously until phone vibrates) while staying connected to your computer and see if it shows. If not, unplug the phone then restart your computer, wait 'till it's fully loaded (all programs etc...) then connect the phone again.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
And if that doesn't work, go to "SETTINGS" ----> "PC Settings" -------> "Windows Updates" and install all updates available and try again.

Gabriel Cezar

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, guys. I'd love to know if one of you have found out how to make xbox music player recognize the order of the artists' albums by year - i use media monkey to edit these infos, but sometimes it doesn't appear in the player... But when it does, it shows the albums in decreasing year order, which is amazing and I'd like to apply this to all my library.

so, any ideas?

btw, my phone is a lumia 520

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes