MMS "get media content now"

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently installed the most recent Nokia/MSFT updates to my unlocked Rogers L920 (used on Koodo network).

I'm used to the 'process' after updates, with Access Point, etc, to get Internet Sharing working, etc, however, this is the first time this happened.

Internet Sharing: works fine
Sending MMS: works fine
Receiving MMS: does not work

I get a text with the link, "Get media content now (60KB)", for instance. I click that link but it fails after a while. It may even try again on its own.

I have already verified all the correct APN settings, so I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this. Send MMS fine, but cannot receive.

Brother who has a 1020 also experiences the same issue, on a different network.

Thanks!
OH

jennie_dep

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh man.. I have the same issue. It's super annoying. I need pictures for work sometimes for equipment purposes. And I wan to see a dog I may adopt! HELP Please! =)

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm looking at previous text timelines, it was working fine prior to the update.
Others have mentioned it just all of a sudden 'works', so I don't quite know what options are available to rectify this.

In another thread they suggested activating Airplane mode and then back to cellular. But that didn't work either.
Frustrating.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what in the windows operating system is preventing the reception of MMS, even though they can be sent properly.
As you can see, this is across multiple carriers and devices.

It's baffling, because it was working for me, now isn't. It works for some people, not others. It fixes itself without any intervention. Etc
There is simply no pattern. With pattern-less issues like this, its so difficult to find a solution.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I had been having the same problem for some time now and no matter what I tried didn't work for the MMS handling. Last week I had seen an older posting on the subject of using unlocked 920s on different carriers and found one little nugget that did it for both of the 920s we have in the house. Both had access point installed and configured properly, yet still not working. In the article it suggested that if MMS wasn't working after installation of access point, make sure that you go into the basic cellular connection settings and delete the internet/MMS configurations that are found there. After doing that send yourself an MMS message to reset access point. Voil?! Both are working perfectly now.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had been having the same problem for some time now and no matter what I tried didn't work for the MMS handling. Last week I had seen an older posting on the subject of using unlocked 920s on different carriers and found one little nugget that did it for both of the 920s we have in the house. Both had access point installed and configured properly, yet still not working. In the article it suggested that if MMS wasn't working after installation of access point, make sure that you go into the basic cellular connection settings and delete the internet/MMS configurations that are found there. After doing that send yourself an MMS message to reset access point. Voil?! Both are working perfectly now.

Thanks for the tip, but those settings for me have always been empty. From the start, I've let Access Point do its thang.

tamabar

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey there...

I had this issue appear on an AT&T 920 flashed to Rogers (on the AT&T network) when I updated to Black. To fix it, two different things worked:

1) Go to Settings --> Cellular and create specific APNs for both data and MMS (I used the normal AT&T settings - not sure what yours would be) - leave Access Point alone if you go this route.
2) Without doing 1) go into Access Point and create a new fake APN and activate it (disable the normal carrier one), then reboot the phone. After the reboot, activate the carrier APN and delete the fake one you created.

Both of these things got me past the "getting media content..." but I opted for 2) since it left me with the normal carrier APN from Access Point.

Hope this works!

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey there...

I had this issue appear on an AT&T 920 flashed to Rogers (on the AT&T network) when I updated to Black. To fix it, two different things worked:

1) Go to Settings --> Cellular and create specific APNs for both data and MMS (I used the normal AT&T settings - not sure what yours would be) - leave Access Point alone if you go this route.
2) Without doing 1) go into Access Point and create a new fake APN and activate it (disable the normal carrier one), then reboot the phone. After the reboot, activate the carrier APN and delete the fake one you created.

Both of these things got me past the "getting media content..." but I opted for 2) since it left me with the normal carrier APN from Access Point.

Hope this works!

Thanks for the tip, however, that is the normal 'process' I have to do with any MSFT/Nokia update (activate 'dummy' access point, then reactivate, reboot phone, etc).
It has worked fluidly every update until this one.

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue and I ended up having to get a new phone. I'm on AT&T. They suggested deleted all my texts, didn't work. Checked the settings too, didn't help. Try the deleting all texts thing and if not you may need to get it replaced.

wpta

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has fixed this issue? (I'm not seeing a cell data option on the latest dp)
I can manage to send and receive mms by going to access point and switching to a dummy apn... so i dont know what's going on.

wpta

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get it working! For some reason the default att apn isn't set this way. I just created a new apn that is exactly the same as the default att, but I select ipv4v6 instead of just ipv4. And now mms works flawlessly, which hasn't worked since I've purchased the phone

Meme Sibrian

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

It worked for me, I deleted with the "trash icon" the MMS settings. And after that I sent to myself a picture and it worked. Then I came back to MMS settings and they were all blank. But still it worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes