MS Account will not Sync all of a sudden, HELP!

Bomberfrog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have seen a few threads with a similar error but no one seems to have nailed the issue/fix.. So anyone have an idea on how to resolve the below:

I have my XXXX@Hotmail.co.uk email address as the primary (Microsoft Account) on my L920. As of Monday I have not been able to Sync with this account. It gives this error: wp_ss_20140319_0001.jpg

Now I also think its causing issues with me Syncing contacts too.. As I have un-ticked the email sync and it still doesn't work. I also read something on the MS website which said I should disable my chat/txt backup which I didn't and still no dice. I did add the same account as an additionally account and it actually works, but I cannot remove the original email account used so I would have a Dup (one listed as Microsoft Account the other as Hotmail), but this is not a fix its a workaround that I don't really like). So I am at a loss, and really don't want to reset the device as I have so many saved games etc.. I don't want to lose by reseting.

So any ideas would be great. As its driving me nuts..

Thanks

***Update*** I have now tried to download an app and its telling me incorrect password.. But its the same one as always and I can login to outlook.com no problems.. So now I am screwed, and if no one comes up with a idea I guess i'll have to reset. :(

Last edited:

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Go into the email for that account and go to the three dots and select the folders option. Then press show all folders and select the trash folder. Now press the sync this folder option. When that is complete go back into the settings > email + accounts and try and sync.

Bomberfrog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Go into the email for that account and go to the three dots and select the folders option. Then press show all folders and select the trash folder. Now press the sync this folder option. When that is complete go back into the settings > email + accounts and try and sync.

Thanks for the reply, I did try this but I had already got my Trash Sync'd. So I removed it and added it again. No luck. I did this for all the non sync'd folders and still nothing..

Last edited:

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a sync error problem once, but it was different (86000CA). I contacted MS support by chat. they checked some basic things like date/sms backup/outlook account status etc and then escalated the case. In ~48 hours the problem was fixed, no hard reset/ fiddling from my side was needed.
from my experience:
try these first
1. disable sms and chat backup and try to sync
2. log in to outlook inbox from pc and check if there are any recent emails witl big (15MB+) attachment, if yes then transfer it to some place else and try to sync
2. disable automatically update date and time; then soft reset (vol down+power button). manually enter date and time after restart and add a new keyboard (no download needed).
at this point if its still not syncing then add the same MS account again as a secondary account with only email sync and check if it is syncing all right. if email syncs then turn on calender and other stuffs one by one.
if you are still getting the problem, then contact MS support by chat from windowsphone website. hard reset is the last option.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
My Microsoft, LinkedIN and Twitter accounts haven't been able to sync since the Daylight Saving Time change on the night of March 8th and 9th. And I tried all different tricks mentioned here and in other threads with no success!

So I just gave up and opened a new Hotmail account with the same credentials and started to sync with this one instead because there is NO WAY that I'm doing a hard reset on my phone and losing all my games etc...:angry: Especially after I read that for some, it didn't even fix the problem!

And, a hard reset should not be a solution!

I know my phone is not the problem, the problem must be on their server's side!

Hopefully it'll get fixed in the 8.1 update... :straight:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes