UNbranded Unlocked Lumia 920 on ATT GoPhone Plan (hotsopt doesnt work)

vartanarsen

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
HHi guys, I have done everything to try to get Internet Sharing to work and it does not want to work.
My Lumia 920 is an unlocked unbranded Lumia 920 (RM820 North America). I am using a GoPhone AT&T Sim Card and I?m on the $60 Smart Phone plan which explicitly allows tethering. I keep getting the message ?Connection not shared, please dial 611). I did call AT&T, and I was on the phone for 2 hours with no resolution. We did power cycles, and I even did a reformat after?.still the same error message.

This issue doesn?t seem to have come up before in the forums. (There are a lot of threads on getting an unlocked AT&T-branded Lumia 920 to work with another carrier like T-Mobile and Internet Sharing enabled?.bit no threads of an AT&T Sim with Tethering Plan enabled not working on an Unlocked Unbranded Lumia 920). AT&T has created a ticket, but I doubt they will know how to solve this issue. Everything I read is leading me to think it?s a ROM issue, but even the words ROM-Flashing sound very scary to me and I don?t know what I would be walking into if I went down that path.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6