Looking for a new body

fonix232

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
So. On the third day of owning my new phone (well, used-new, any way), I had the luck to be in a small accident - some ***** went through a red light and caught the back wheel of my bike, which in turn fell on me, and due to my speed, my phone went skipping in the concrete, stopping its run by its corner at a curb.

The phone has no functional damage whatsoever, even though it jumped at least 10 times on a 20 meter run, screen facing down. BUT, the impact with the curb left my top right corner ruined, and I'd like to replace the body.

I do not like this shiny polycarbonate body, but as I heard, the gray one is a more grippy, rubber-like surface. Thing is, I can't find it anywhere!
Does anyone know a reliable source for the grey body/housing for a poor 920?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
D: fellow cyclist!
Good to hear the phone's internals survived at least.

Those grey ones are relatively rare, I would think searching through online sites like eBay could turn up something. I see the normal ones, but not really grey all that often.
But maybe there are fake ones that can be used as well.

You could always spring for another, more common housing and try to pick up a grey cover. (CC-1043) which are matte and more grippy, although my yellow one hasnt held up well. Darker colors would probably fare better.

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
So. On the third day of owning my new phone (well, used-new, any way), I had the luck to be in a small accident - some ***** went through a red light and caught the back wheel of my bike, which in turn fell on me, and due to my speed, my phone went skipping in the concrete, stopping its run by its corner at a curb.

The phone has no functional damage whatsoever, even though it jumped at least 10 times on a 20 meter run, screen facing down. BUT, the impact with the curb left my top right corner ruined, and I'd like to replace the body.

I do not like this shiny polycarbonate body, but as I heard, the gray one is a more grippy, rubber-like surface. Thing is, I can't find it anywhere!
Does anyone know a reliable source for the grey body/housing for a poor 920?

Look here: Nokia Lumia 920 cover battery, back housing Grey
Sadly it is very expensive....

fonix232

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't want any extra case, this phone is bulky enough already :D
I think I'll go with the black one, and some screen polish. Any recommendations for fixing some slight scratches? There was that liquid screen protector, can't recall the name, does it fill up the scratches?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon