Got a bricked Lumia 920. Strange message while flashing!

OVERHATE

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello!. A friend bricked his phone and gave it to me. Im trying to repair it without success.

Why is it bricked:
Someone tried to hard-reset it using Nokia Software Updater for Retail with 20% battery and the phone died in the process. Of course, it bricked itself.

Simptoms:
- The phone is as bricked as it can be. It doesn't turn on, it doesn't charge the battery (at least it doesn't tell me its doing it).

- Sometimes, when I plug the phone to the PC, if I soft reset it via Volume Down + Power , nokia logo appears on screen, then the screen turns RED with white Nokia letters on the center, and it shuts down after a while.

- The phone its an AT&T Cyan Lumia 920, and I tried to convert it to the Pre-Portico Rogers ROM. When the software recognizes the phone, it says "Starting the Flashing process" then suddenly it stops with the following error:
"0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device."

- Tried using the Nokia Software Updater For Retail but it doesn't even recognize the phone.

- Currently: Im downloading the Stock AT&T Cyan ROM via NaviFirm to see if im able to recover it to the Stock Rom (thought about it because the Signed FFU thingie"

If someone had this problem or issue, what did you do!???
Help is really appreciated.

OVERHATE

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried the Nokia Recovery Tool but it says that the Phone is not Supported.

I think this may be due to corruption during the flash process, maybe?

Will try with another guide on un-bricking the phone

OVERHATE

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:
No luck, phone is as dead as it can be. After using the Nokia Recovery Tool, now the phone doesn't even show the Red Screen

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't already.. don't plug it in when you open the retail tool - open the program then hit the "phone can't/won't start button" and follow the prompts. If it's in that state the app shouldn't care about the contents of the ROM at that point - I did a quick experiment with that button on my 620 when it was switched on (had no issues) but the app couldn't care less about the state it was in, it just rebooted it into flash mode.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:
No luck, phone is as dead as it can be. After using the Nokia Recovery Tool, now the phone doesn't even show the Red Screen

You literally cannot brick these phones without some physical damage, an electrical shock to the circuit board, or an act of god.

The boot loader has a flashing sequence built in, and you can't change the boot loader (if you could, we would have rooted WP8 ROMs and other fun things).

You need to let it charge for a day (use the stock charger to be safe) and flash the stock ATT ROM. If you need more help, I'll have to sit down at my PC to jog my memory...

OVERHATE

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys thanks for the replies!!!

Currently the phone is charging, or at least I think it is, because it is connected to the wall with the stock cable and nothing is on the screen, the phone didn't even vibrate to indicate anything.

In the worse case, I just bought a TorX Screwdriver set to disassemble it and put another Lumia 920 battery (from my girlfriends phone) in it and do the flashing with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6