Background tasks not Initiating

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday like many folks with the awesome l 920 upgraded to cyan...but I ended up with one problem. None of the apps are able to initialize background task to name a few insider (battery status app) Wpcentral. Even when they are allowed in the battery saver menu. What should I do?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday like many folks with the awesome l 920 upgraded to cyan...but I ended up with one problem. None of the apps are able to initialize background task to name a few insider (battery status app) Wpcentral. Even when they are allowed in the battery saver menu. What should I do?

Can you explain a bit more?? How you know they are not running in background?

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you explain a bit more?? How you know they are not running in background?

Insider live tile is not working when I open it a message saying that a failure to initiate background task has occurred please change it if you have manually disabled it. Wpcentral live tile is also not updating I am not even getting toast notifications. Same is the case with weave news reader my whether app gismetio. Only watsapp is working the way it should.

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing something similar, it won't turn them back on after having turned them off. Even if they are allowed to run.

E.g. I blocked Facebook Messenger to see if it was affecting my battery, I then allowed it yet no messages were coming through. Battery app was blocked, allowed it, and it wouldn't start. I found reinstalling the apps got them to work.

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing something similar, it won't turn them back on after having turned them off. Even if they are allowed to run.

E.g. I blocked Facebook Messenger to see if it was affecting my battery, I then allowed it yet no messages were coming through. Battery app was blocked, allowed it, and it wouldn't start. I found reinstalling the apps got them to work.
What about paid apps..i don't think we can do this for them....i did the same thing with my battery app...reinstalled it...and yes it worked.....but wat about wp central...?...nd another bug...wen the camera doesn't work at all...with a dark display...i had to restart...the phone....

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this the same on mine with DP with IE. If i'm playing audio or video in ie and go to home screen the audio stops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes