Is my L920 bricked?

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I was watching a video in MetroTube this morning. Only the sound played without video. None of the buttons work and the phone is sitting on the main page for the video - the screen doesn't shut off. I am waiting for the battery to die since the power button doesn't work. Has anyone else experience anything similar to this?

:sweaty:

Last edited:

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
There is a hard reset, you should hold some keys (likely some volume key and power key, but search the web for right combination) for some time and Lumia will hard reset. I had some problems, but to note it is a developer phone. I don't think it should happen on normal phones.

JTDraper

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was watching a video in MetroTube this morning. Only the sound played without video. None of the buttons work and the phone is sitting on the main page for the video - the screen doesn't shut off. I am waiting for the battery to die since the power button doesn't work. Has anyone else experience anything similar to this?

:sweaty:

Hold down both Volume Down and Power buttons until the screen goes black, then vibrates. Once it vibrates, release both buttons. Note: The phone may vibrate once before the screen goes black. Ignore that and wait until the screen goes black, THEN vibrates, THEN release both buttons. The phone will reset and you won't lose anything.

-- Draper

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Both of you. I was trying to remember the key combination. I didn't see your reply and let the battery die. This morning I charged it up a little and turned it back on. It's working fine now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes